What the Heart Wants

"Beatriz, are you free for dinner tonight?"

Bea has been staring at her phone for about twenty minutes now. She don't know what to do after she received a text message from Jhoana. She's been having second thoughts on ignoring the text message or replying to her. After all she missed that girl so much.

"Hi, Jho. I have a meeting later evening but I can meet you naman. Just tell me the time and place to meet you. :)"

She was feeling nervous. Scratch that. She was nervous that Jho will not reply anymore. But after five minutes, she received a reply from Jho.

"Until what time is your meeting? I'll just fetch you na lang Beatriz. Is it okay with you?"

HAAAY When will she ever learn to use emojis or smileys?! She's making me nervous. 🤭

"It's until 8pm. Baka late na matapos yung meeting. Are you sure that it's okay for you to wait for me and fetch me? I can drive naman eh."

"I'm sure. I'll wait for you na lang, okay? Same building pa rin naman work mo di ba? See you, Beatriz. 😘"

WHOA A KISS EMOJI FROM MY LOVE 😭😢 I really missed my Jhoana. It's been already a year of being separated from each other. It's been a tough year without her in my life.

Beatriz busied herself in all the meetings she has to attend for their company's launching of new branches and products. Lately, she always forgets to notice the time that's why she always goes home late.

Her last meeting was adjourned by 08:30pm. And she panicked on the thought that Jhoana is already waiting for her for the last 30 minutes. She hurried back to her office and fixed her things before looking at her phone.

5 missed calls.
3 text messages.

"Bei, i'm on my way to pick you up. See you. 😘"

"I'm already here in your parking area. I'll just wait for you here since you're not replying. Maybe you're still in the meeting. Kaya mo yan, ikaw pa ba? Text me once your meeting is done. 😊"

"Why are you ignoring me? ☹️ tell me if you're done na. Can't wait to see you."

Bea melted on the thought that Jho waited for her. She didn't reply to her text messages but instead she called Jhoana.

"Hey, where are you? Sorry! The meeting finished late eh. I'll just treat you dinner."

"It's okay, Bei. Meet me at the lobby. See you."

After sometime, Bea saw Jhoana's car. She was really amazed that her girl is now driving her own car.

"Hi, Beatriz. Where do you want to eat dinner?" Jho asked.

"Hmm. I really don't eat dinner anymore but since you're here now, let's go for Frankie's?"

"Your wish is my command, Bubu. I mean, Beatriz."

From BGC, Jho drove to Kapitolyo since the branch of Frankie's there is not really crowded. After she parked the car, she assisted me by opening my door. Huhu my sweet Bubu is really here 😭

Since Jho really knows everything that I want, she ordered my favorite food here. Salted egg wings & cheesy bacon wings. She still knows it!!! AHHHH my heart ☹️❤️

After that, instead of sitting across me, Jhoana sat beside me, held my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"I know you had a tiring day. Thank you for letting me meet you. I miss you so much. It's been a year already. I know we already grew apart. But the heart wants what it really wants. So Beatriz, Pwede pa ba ako bumawi sa lahat ng pagkukulang ko?"