ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

8 | NOTHING ABOUT YOU SEEMS NORMAL

"hey john!" evan yells, running up to the boy with jon tightly in his grasp. when evan stops, jon hits his stomach with a soft angry noise falling from his lips. evan chuckles at the boy and kisses his forehead.

"y'all need to stop acting so cute together, it's kind of disgusting," john laughs, turning away from both boys with a grin. jon nudges evan, signaling for him to follow what he does.

"i mean, you and jaren act like this all the time so i don't see the problem," jonathan calls out, a smirk plastered on his face. john stops walking, turning around to face the two boys.

a moment of silence passes between the boys. john glances at evan, who is begging for someone to speak. he takes a deep breath, looking at jon with a straight face.

"jaren and i don't act like that. plus, you guys have been dating for a little while now, and jaren and i are only friends," john shoots back, catching a glimpse of evan gnawing on his lip, trying to remain quiet.

"oh shut up john, we all know you like each other," jon scoffs, not even noticing the soft hand that grazes his shoulder.

"jon, please stop," evan lightly begs, his boyfriend ignoring him. he balls up his fist, tears threatening to fall out.

"delirious, i am not scared to fight you," john hisses.

"your boyfriend wouldn't be too happy to see this," jon walks up, about to punch john right in the face. a loud smack sounds, but john doesn't feel anything. the only thing he hears is a loud groan of pain and the sound of another boy hitting the floor.

jon looks down, seeing who took the hit for john. the boy's black hair flops against his face as he stands up, rubbing his face and trying to sooth the pain.

"babe, i am so sorry," jon whispers, reaching out to grab his hand. evan rips it away before jon has a chance to do that to him. evan has always been weak under jon's touches and gazes.

"no you aren't," evan backs away towards brock and brian, who watched the scene happen from a few lockers away, "if you were sorry, then you would've listened when i said to stop."

john can't help but sulk away from the conversation. he feels bad for both jonathan and evan. everything is his fault.

john starts running away, crashing into someone with tears staining his cheeks. the small boy looks up, a flower on the top of his ear.

"john?" the boy says, noticing the tears, "you're coming to my house right now."

🍎

john almost passes out when he flops onto jaren's couch. the smaller boy giggles, using his white sleeve to lightly push the flower back in place.

god, he's adorable.

john lightly smirks, watching the awkward boy as he scouts closer to him. jaren leans his head onto john's shoulder, breathing in the smell of vape and marshmallows. john definitely does smell nice.

jaren snuggles in closer, causing him to be about a centimeter away from john's neck. he can feel the way that john tenses and that makes him worried. after about a minute, john stops.

jaren moves away to put a horror movie in, smiling at the way that john gestures to his lap. jaren lays his head on the boy's thighs, sighing contently as john twirls his hair around his finger.

jaren sits up about halfway through the movie, leaning back onto john.

their hands clasp together whenever the movie becomes too violent. jaren feels an electric shock running through his body when his pasty white hand connects with the tan's boy skin. he looks down, until john raises his head up.

jaren looks up, catching eyes with the boy in front of him. his brown hair falls into his face, and john pushes it away.

i think i'm in love with someone like you.

broken memories fill up his brain, causing him to turn away from the beautiful boy in front of him.

i think i need someone like you more than i'll admit.

john tugs his small frame back, and jaren tries to push away. he can't hurt john, he can't do it this time.

it isn't you anymore jaren. i don't love you anymore.

"jaren, what the hell is wrong with you right now?" john shouts, only causing the voices in his head to get louder.

i'm sorry, smit. but you deserve to feel a world of pain right now and i'm here to give you it.

"stop, stop, STOP HARASSING ME," jaren screams out, holding his head as john pulls him to ground.

"jaren, please!" john whispers, pulling on the boy's hair and trying to make him stop.

jaren remembers a loud smack sound echoing through the room all those years ago.

don't try to leave. you're mine, and you'll always be mine.

"john," jaren whimpers, causing his head to go quiet. everything stops spinning and he stands up.

"jaren?" john says, cautiously wrapping his arms around the boy he loves with all his heart.

"please don't make me fall in love again."

🍎

shorter chapter today, i am really sorry. i hope you all enjoy though!!

song : eastside by benny blanco, halsey and khalid