two

+ bread +

I opened the back door to my house, seeing my mother over the stove, presumably cooking dinner for us as Firth and I walked into the room, a smile on my face as she looked up at me with the closing of the door. Her blonde hair was braided up and her knitted shawl was falling over her shoulders as she turned something over in a pan.

"Hey Mom" I said to her as I walked over to her, kissing her on the cheek quickly as she put her hand on my shoulder before taking it off, looking at my dress. "Why are your clothes wet?" she asked me as she waved at Firth quickly, a laugh escaping his lips as I looked over at him, waiting for him to explain. "Threw her in the river" Firth said simply, picking up a piece of potato that was sitting on a plate and throwing it into his mouth. "Well could you go get dried up, I need help with the bread" Mom said to me, pointing at the dough which was sitting in a bowl in the middle of the island.

"One of the boys can help you" I said, before looking at Firth and shaking my head, leaning against the counter as he crossed his arms over his wet t-shirt. "Haf can't tell the difference between sugar and salt. And Kai is outside the Zale, sharpening their tridents" she told me, stirring a pot with some greens in it as she shook his head. "What if I want to sharpen my trident?" I challenged, pushing my wet hair behind my ears. "Waverley" She replied, looking at me with a pointed look as a i shrunk a little bit, nodding my head. "Okay fine" I aid throwing up my hands in mock surrender turning around and leaving the kitchen. "Let us go dry off first" I said, walking towards the stairs, climbing them two at a time, Firth following me.

"I might go sit out with Kai and Zale" Firth said with a smile as we went into my room, almost throwing himself onto my bed before he remembered his clothes were soaked through. "No, if I'm having to make bread you're going to help me do it" I said, throwing him a towel from my closet, taking one for myself too. My room was plastered in paintings of fish and flowers, most of which I had painted myself. My training trident was hoisted up on the wall above my bed, the silver metal gleaming in the light.

He laughed lightly, scuffing his hair with the towel as he wrapped his around his neck, looking over at me as he held each side of the towel. "You can take one of Kai's shirts" I said, pulling a clean dress out of my dresser, holding it in my hand as hee nodded his head, leaving my room to go and take one of Kai's tops. "Is your dad still at sea?" he said returning and closing the door, pulling his wet shirt over his head, letting it drop to the floor, revealing his bare chest as I nodded my head.

"Yeah, he'll be back for the reaping" I said, quietly mentioning the unforgettable as Firth nodded his head in understanding. "My dad isn't coming back, saying theres more important stuff for him to be doing" he replied, pulling a tan sweater over his head, his hair sticking up as he ran his hand through it. "Let's hope he doesn't need a reason to come back" I said, swiftly pulling my wet dress over my head, changing into the dry one quickly as I faced the wall. The dry white fabric flowed over my head, swaying over my body. "Hopefully" Firth repeated, throwing his towel onto my bed, the smile drained from his face.

"We will be fine" I said, walking over to him, wrapping my arms around his back as he looked down at me. "Probably an Academy volunteer this year" I said, attempting to make him feel better rubbing my hand up and down his back lightly as he didn't make eye contact with me. "Its Finnicks first year" he said, letting out a breath before looking down at me with a frown on his face, making me let out a breath.

I sighed, not replying for a moment. "I spoke to mom, I told her I'll volunteer if he gets picked" He said to me, barely a whisper as I looked up at him, opening my mouth to say something but nothing coming out no matter how hard I tried. "If it happens, I don't want him in it" he clarified, holding me a little bit closer to him as he put one hand on the small of my back. "He won't get picked, his name is in there once, he will be fine. You only have two reapings left, and you'll be free" I said, patting him on the back.

He let out a small laugh, kissing the top of my head. "That bread isn't going to bake itself Odair" I said, pulling away from him, taking his hand and dragging him out of the room. "Is that my shirt?" Kai asked from the table, watching us as we entered the kitchen, finally dried off. "Not like you guys ever wear them" I said, nodding towards both him and Zale who weren't supporting any shirts. "Good one" he replied, with crunched eyebrows, picking up a grape from the fruit bowl. 

"Waverely, the bread" Mom said to me once again, shifting my concentration from my brother to the dough sitting in a bowl. "I'm coming" I said taking the bowl and walking over to a clear counter top. "Firth is going to do it for you mom" i said handing the bowl to him, picking up some flour and dusting the counter.  "Thank you dear, are you staying for dinner?" she asked, a small smile lying on his face. Firth looked over at me, taking the bowl from my hands, sticking his tongue out at me. "If its not too much to ask" he said, dipping his hands into the flour bags, rubbing them together creating a cloud.

"Remember the days when you used to come to have dinner for me? Now you're only ever here for Wave" Kai said from the table, a smirk on his face. "Don't sell yourself short" Firth replied to him, not even looking at him, picking up some flour and blowing it at me. "You didn't even look at me" Kai shouted, pointing at us two as i waved my hands around if front of me, diffusing the flour. "Uh huh" he replied, trying to get some flour onto my face. I caught his wrist before it could hit my nose, looking at him sternly. "You already threw me into the lake, don't test me, now the bread" I said pointing at the pile of dough, handing him a tin to put it into once he was done.

"How's your family Firth?" mom asked him, as he began kneading the dough finally. "Fine, my mom said she wants to invite you around for tea sometime, I keep forgetting to tell you that" he said with a smile."That would be nice, how is Finnick?" she asked him, walking over to the sink, pouring water from a pot down into it. "He's fine, he is good at fishing now, catches most of our meals" he replied, trying to poke me in the face once again.

I slapped his hand with a giggle. "Stop it" I said pushing his arm back towards the dough. "Ow" he said continuing to knead the dough. "No chance that hurt" i said slapping his bicep. "Stop hitting me" he said trying to move away from me. "To the couple in the room consisting of my best friend and sister, if we could keep the flirting to a minimum that would be great" Kai shouted from the table, his hands around his mouth as if making an announcement.

"Shut up" both of us said at the exact same time, making us both laugh loudly. Kai started making retching noises, as if he was throwing up, which just made us laugh even more.

5 Days left

——

A/N: wassup guys, back again lol
I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and please vote and comment and I really have nothing else to say to goodbye my peeps

A/N: wassup guys, back again lol I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and please vote and comment and I really have nothing else to say to goodbye my peeps