twenty-seven

+ bloodbath +

The light was to bright that it hurt my eyes, making me squint as the podium was sealed, leaving me standing on top of a very highly explosive, the room underneath me far from reach. I adjedusted to the light, looking around me as I heard the sound of waves crashing, almost taking me back to my home as i looked down at the water.

It brought me a sense of ease, the smell of the salt water consuming me as the sounds of the crashing waves made a breath escape my mouth, almost thankful for the familiar terrain. It was crystal blue, practically see through the water, but i couldn't see the bottom, wondering if it ever ended. The cornucopia was sitting in the middle of the circle of tributes, the leek metal reflecting the beaming sun, the back side of it facing me, as all of us looking around to get an understanding of our surroundings.

The boy from 8 to my right and the girl from 11 at my left, who looked over at me, clenching her jaw as I looked forward again. Behind the cornucopia was a beach, a line of trees on it, leading to a rainforest, a mysterious mist covering the canopy as I turned around carefully, seeing water go back to the horizon, making me wonder if there was ever an end to it or if the water went on for as long as possible.

I looked around more, trying to see if i could find Ridley, knowing that he was also going to be completely comfortable in the water, which helped me calm down a little bit. My eyes fell upon Valour, a hard look on his face as he grinned at me before turning back to the cornucopia. Everyone that I could see was still looking around, some with worried looks on their faces as they stared down at the water.

There was no other way to either shore or the cornucopia that i could see, swimming behind the only way to both of them, which helped me a lot. A large red hologram appeared above the cornucopia, a 10 glimmering in the light, a loud voice booming out the numbers that were slowly descending.

"9"

I pushed my hair behind my ears, looking to the cornucopia, trying to see something I could use. I knew I was going to be the first one to get there, which was great as it gave me enough time to find a trident, if there was even was one. I seen multiple knifes sitting on the rocks, or leaning against black boxes, hopefully the trident being hidden inside the cornucopia.

"7"

My breathing had calmed down now, my fists clenching and then relaxing as i tried to calm myself down as much as i could. I knew that as soon as I got into the water I would be able to get there before some people even had the chance to make it half way.

"5"

I was ready to swim faster than I ever had before, because everything was riding on it. I had to get there first, it wasn't a question, I had grab things that we could use, or at least enough that would keep Valour or Ashlor from killing me for being such a bad team mate.

"3,2,1"

A loud canon blew off, ringing throw my head, indicating that the games had officially started. As soon as the noise reached my ears I leaped off the podium as quickly as I could, diving into the water hands first, ready to swim like my life depended on it, and that's because it did.

The water was stone cold, almost cold enough to stiffen my body, which was a massive shock compared to the heat of the air above the water, but i continued to swim, not being able to stop. I didn't take a breath, not needing to as I kicked and moved my arms as fast as possible. I opened my eyes under the water, the saltiness not even bothering me as I saw the large rock the cornucopia was sitting on getting closer and closer.

I closed my eyes shut, calming myself down for what may come next, my hand hitting the rock first as I grabbed onto it, clutching onto the jagged part. I pulled myself out of the water, the air . I grabbed onto a jagged part of it, pulling myself out of the water, the air all the sudden a lot colder now that i was wet. I looked around quickly, realising I seemed to be the only one even close to the cornucopia, some struggling to swim out in the waves.