twenty

+ croissant +

I stood at the end on the range, a trident in my hand as Nolan stood next to me, her bow drawn as she let go of an arrow, sending it down the range as it landed bang in the top of the head of the target as she looked over at me. "Go ahead" she said to me, nodding her head towards the range as I let out a small breath, turning to the side as I lifted the trident up, holding it against my cheek as I looked down the shaft of the trident.

I let out a breath as I closed one eye, hoping that I was aiming correctly as I pulled my arm back a little bit, extending my arm as I threw the trident at full force. It caused a thud as it hit the target, lodging itself square into the middle of the chest, causing me to let out a sigh of relief as I dropped my hand back down by my side, looking over at Nolan who raised her eyebrows at me quickly. "Nice shot" she said to me as she drew a bow from her quill, about to it into her bow as she looked at me quickly.

"You can go get it, I'll wait" she said to me as she pointed her arrow at the floor, nodding her head towards the end of the range as I nodded my head at her, walking down the range as I set my hand on the target, wrapping my other hand around the trident as I pulled it out of the wall. Before I could turn around an arrow cane flying down the range, landing in Nolan's target which was barely a few foot away from me as I looked over at it, turning to look at Nolan who shrugged her shoulders at me.

"Sorry, it slipped" she said to me as I held my trident down by my side, letting out a small breath as I made my way back down the range to the main area.

!

We all sat around the glass tables, silently eating the food on the plates in front of us. I pierced a piece of melon with my fork, putting it into my mouth before reaching to the plate with pastries on it, picking up a croissant and taking a bite of it. "Oh here" Ridley said, pulling something out of his pocket and handing it to Talisa, who took it from him, a small silver chain sitting in her hand.

"Thanks" She said setting it down on the table next to her plate, looking down at it as Mags cleared her throat, picking up her mug of coffee as she leaned back in her seat. "You know what you two are going to do today?" Mags asked us, looking between the both of us as I nodded my head, looking down at my pastry. "Pick up a trident" I said before taking another bite, Mags nodding her head before looking over at Ridley with her eyebrow raised. "Make a net" He replied, shoving some fruit into his mouth messily.

"Good" she replied, still nodding her head as she took a drink from her mug, Talisa . "Your scores will be televised tonight to the nation, that's when the sponsors should start coming in" she added, looking over at Talisa who mixed some oats into her bowl of yoghurt she had in front of her. "Then tomorrow your interviews will take place, then that's it" she finished, eating some of her yoghurt as I looked over at her.

This past week had gone a lot quicker than I thought it would have, the long days in the training room merging into one long day in my brain. I hadn't slept very well last night, thinking about every single outcome of my assessment over and over again, which led to a night of wide eyes staring. "At 9.30 the next morning a jet will pick you up and take you to the arena, you'll be guided into your tubes and just before 10 the arena will be released to you" Talisa stated, running her hand through her brown hair as it fell over her shoulders.

"Run, swim, climb" Mags said to Ridley, looking over the table at him as he stared back at her, swallowing the food he had in his mouth. "Don't go to the cornucopia" she added, shaking her head lightly, a serious tone in her voice as he nodded his head quickly, knowing that she meant what she was saying. "You" she said turning to me, pointing her finger at me as I held my pasty by my mouth, about to bite into it as i decided not to while she was talking to me.

"Go to the cornucopia, get a trident, do whatever the plan is" she said to me as I nodded my head at her, the blood bath haunting my dreams of the very little sleep that I was getting. "Got it" I replied, pushing the last piece of croissant into my mouth quickly, crumbs falling onto the plate underneath it. "You two should get going, wear your training jacket today" Talisa said to us both as Ridley got up quickly, putting his napkin on top of his plate as he walked away from the table, not saying anything to any of us.

"What's up with him?" Talisa asked me quietly, all of us hearing his room door close, looking at Mags quickly who shrugged her shoulders. "I think reality is starting to kick in" I replied, nodding my head slowly, the same thing happening with me even though it was hitting Ridley a lot worse than it was for me, the next few days possibly being out last.

"Well it better kick quicker"

——

A/N: hello, here's a chapter which is al over the place, the beginning is a part at the training centre and then the second part is the next morning which is the morning of the assessments
please vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: hello, here's a chapter which is al over the place, the beginning is a part at the training centre and then the second part is the next morning which is the morning of the assessments please vote and comment and i will see you soon