Chapter 8

"The ENTIRE Iacon database?"

"No," Soundwave replied calmly to Megatrons' outburst "Just most of the Iacon database."

"Are you positive he didn't have anything else?"

"That's all I saw," Breakdown said, rubbing at the dent in his helm "Knockout?"

"I didn't see anything else."

"How did he even get onboard?" Dreadwing asked with a growl. Even though Smokescreen was gone, he was still gripping his sword in a tight fist.

"When Starscream bridged back," Soundwave answered "He slipped through then."

"I didn't even see him back at the lake," Starscream shivered "But what about when the ship shuddered? Did anyone else feel that?"

There was a general murmur of confirmation.

"When he started downloading the database it messed with the navigational controls, knocking us temporarily off course; the shiver was the Ally self-correcting herself."

"I'm sorry, is no one else not bothered that an Autobot snuck onboard and we didn't realize until he almost stole the entire Iacon database?" Dreadwing asked.

"To be fair, we were a little bit distracted between keeping ourselves in the sky and the human," Q-T, one of the three Vehicons, pointed out.

"He was in the same room as Starscream AND Megtron! How'd they miss that?"

"He also had the phase shifter."

"Still," Dreadwing crossed his arms "Not good."

"No, it's not, but he's gone now," Megatron sighed "Breakdown, Knockout, you two should get to the medical bay and get yourselves cleaned up."

"I'm fine," they said at once, then turned on each other.

"You are not fine."

"You should talk, you have a massive dent in the middle of your head."

"You've got a big ol' scratch going down your face."

"Yeah. A SCRATCH, not the possibility of processer damage. Though, Primus knows there's probably not much up there to damage."

"HEY!"

"Just go, you two," Megtron shook his head.

They left, bickering still.

"Oh, Megatron," Soundwave turned away from the consul "I want to check on the human."

"Knockout and Breakdown are literally going to medbay right now," Starscream pointed out.

"I know," despite the mask, it was clear Soundwave hadn't even looked at Starscream when he spoke.

"Alright Soundwave, you can check on him. When you're done check and make sure none of our other systems sustained any damage.

"Will do," Soundwave transformed and shot past them.

"He's always had a spark for those smaller than him, hasn't he?" Starscream asked, watching Soundwave disappear.

"Longer than I've known him," Megatron agreed.

---

"Is everything alright, Laserbeak?"

She hummed quietly as she landed on the table next to Rafael "Everything's fine now. Nothing for you to worry about."

"Are you sure? What's...what's an Autobot?"