Chapter 28

hey guys just wanted to say real quick that I'm sorry for any inconsistencies and for the poor quality, I wrote this chapter over a long period of time and if it seems a bit jumbled that's why. I don't really edit because this story is for my own enjoyment and it gets really low priority over other parts of my life. I love it to death, but I'm super busy and can't post as often as I like. Thanks for sticking with me.

"But how? How are you here? You disappeared...so long ago," Dreadwing struggled over his words

"I was attacked," Airachnid replied quietly "We lost our engines and had to go into stasis."

"We?"

Airachnid's frown turned even more distressed "My partner's stasis pod seems to have malfunctioned. He's fine, but he won't wake up."

There was a burst of yelling and screeching from outside, making them both flinch.

"We need to get you out of here," Dreadwing said hefting his sword "Can we move your partner?"

"Yes," Airachnid's spindly extra legs jittered nervously against her back "I'll get him."

She disappeared for a second time then returned, cradling something in her arms.

"Is he-?"

"A minicon? Yes."

Dreadwing shrugged.At least he'd be easy to get out of there.

"Alright, stay right with me, okay?"

She nodded nervously.

Dreadwing huffed as another battle cry sounded from outside and reached out to disengage the locks on the bay door.

----

It was utter chaos the second they stepped outside, laser fire as thick as dust in the air around them.

Almost immediately Dreadwing was separated from Airachnid as they dove in separate directions for cover.

"Rach?" Dreadwing tried to turn back towards the spidercon but then sudden flash of a massive blade descending towards his head had him scrambling backwards.

The blade burrowed into the ground inches from where he had stood and Airachnid screamed, either in fear or as a warning. Either way Dreadwing wasn't fast enough to avoid Ultra Magnus' fist.

Heavy knuckles connected with the side of his face and sent him flying backwards into a tree.

The landing must have damaged his audio receptors because as he tried to pick himself up all he could hear was a long dull whine.

But his eyes were working fine and he could clearly see as the Groundbridge opened up, as the other cons began to retreat, as Airachnid stumbled... As Ultra Magnus swept towards her, swinging his blade.

Breakdown was turning back, but he wasn't close enough, nowhere near close enough.

Dreadwing barely registered moving but suddenly he was shoving himself in front of Airachnid just as she got her legs under her and just as Magnus brought down his blade.

The spiderbot opened her mouth but didn't make a sound as she was sprayed with Energon and Dreadwing sank to his knees.

Magnus raised his blade again, startling Airachnid from her shock and she turned and ran for the Groundbridge.

----

Magnus bellowed in frustration as he realized the rest of the Decepticons had escaped and promptly took his rage out on Dreadwing's leaking corpse.