Chapter One

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ice lead Kla upstairs to the living space on the top floor. Ice opened the front door and walked in tossing the keys on to a table just next to the door.

''As you can see this is the living room, to the right is the kitchen and landry room'' he pointed as he shut the door behind Kla and kicked off his shoes ''To the left are the bedrooms and bathrooms. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom, so there is no need to share one.''

He walked to the kitchen and grabbed a cup from the shelf then filled it with water. He turned and looked at Kla who was looking around ''Your room is the one on the left. It also has a great view of the ocean'' he said.

Kla nodded and made his way down the hallway. He stopped at the door and opened it. When he looked in, there was a bed in the middle of the room against the right wall with a window above it. Right across from him was a set of double doors that lead out to a small balcony. Kla sat his bag on the floor next to the door and walked over to the double doors opening them.

He could hear the sound of the waves hitting the shore. The moonlight shined down. He smiled as he reached his hand up to the moon as if he was trying to grab it. The view from this room was much better then the one room apartment he use to share with his ex-boyfriend. Kla sighed as he turned and looked at the bag next to the door.

The moment he caught Prince cheating, he rushed home and packed his bag with all the clothes he had. Most everything in the apartment belonged to Prince. He had only allowed him to move his clothes in and nothing else. Kla sighed softly as he leaned his head back to look up. Ice moved around the corner and leaned against the door frame as he watched Kla.

''You can make the room up anyway you want'' he said.

Kla jumped and looked at Ice ''Thanks'' he said ''But it's still your place.''

''It's your room now and your home for how ever long you wish'' he said as he made his way over to him.

Kla nodded ''Ok then'' his eyes moved back to his bag where his phone was going off again. Kla didn't move an inch.

''So, what happened'' Ice said leaning onto the railing looking at Kla. ''How did you find out he was cheating?''

''I went to see him after my class was over. I headed to the Engineering department to find him. As I was walking by one of the rooms I heard someone calling his name. I opened the door to find him having sex with one of the guys from the swim club he is part of'' Kla sighed and leaned his head back again looking up ''So, I went back to the place we were sharing and packed my shit.''

''How long were the two of you together'' Ice asked.

''Two years, but we only lived with each other for six months'' he said.

Ice leaned up and looks out at the ocean ''What made you come here instead of going home?''

Kla turned around and looked at the ocean as well ''I knew it would be the first place he would look for me, plus I had to get as far away from there as I could.''

''I'm sorry for asking so many questions'' Ice said ''I just think it's best to let it all out instead of holding it in.''

Kla turned looking at him ''You're right and I feel a lot better now. Thanks'' he smiled.

Ice nodded and patted him on the back then turned to leave ''You best get some sleep, we open the restaurant at seven, but we need to be up by five to get everything ready.'' Ice waved and closed the door behind him.

Kla looked down at his watch which said it was two twenty-two in the morning. He shook his head and laughed as he walked to the bed and sat down. The bed was soft. Kla looked around the room. It was nice and clean. Ice must have cleaned the room a few days ago from what Kla could see. Kla sighed and fell back onto the bed arms stretched out. This was better then having to sleep on the beach or in some crappy motel. Not only did he find a place to stay but he found a job as well.