thirteen

"Chan, Jeongin! Dinner!" Jeongin's mom calls out from the stairs, interrupting the two from their conversation about school, making the two make their way to the door. Jeongin stops at the door, before they go out. "Before anything, I'm sorry if my mom makes you uncomfortable. She's just a typical embarrassing mom." Jeongin looks at him, giving a lopsided smile. "I'm sure it'll be fine, kiddo."

Chan sits beside Jeongin for dinner as Jeongin's mom sits across the table, placing pieces of tofu on top of her riced drenched in soup, trying to take some other dishes too. Chan looks around, not knowing where to start. "What would you like, Chan?" Jeongin helps him, holding the spoon. "A-Ah I don't know," Chan scratches his neck, he's nervous and Jeongin knows. "That's alright, I'll take a little bit of everything for you and you choose what you like!" Jeongin gives him a bright comforting smile, taking some food for Chan. Chan ignores the weird feeling in his stomach and the way his heart had beat, he's happy.

"So, Chan! Do you work?" Jeongin's mom asks, placing her utensils on the napkin, placing her chin on her hand to listen to Chan. "Ah, not yet! My father is planning to train me to continue his business. My father, Bang Charles owns a company and wants me to take over soon!" Chan excitedly says, drinking his juice. "That's amazing! Jeongin will probably work somewhere lame, huh?" Jeongin shrinks in embarrassment as his mother cackles loudly, clapping when Jeongin tells her to stop. "I'm sure Jeongin will do something interesting, what do you wanna do?" Chan questions the raven haired boy. "I-I don't know." Jeongin says, scratching the back of his neck, he's embarrassed. Chan smiles and says that he has lots of time to think and it's okay to not know what to do, Jeongin's heart flutters.

"Will you stay for the night? Jeongin's bed is pretty big for t-" "Shut up mom!" Jeongin's mom giggles and shakes her head, they exchange goodbyes at the door and watch Chan head into the car, Jeongin will see Chan tomorrow.

"He's cute." Jeongin's mom says, staring at the car which drives away.

"I know."