fourteen

Jeongin gets closer to Chan day by day, visiting him more often and staying at his house more often- his mother encourages him to hang out more with Chan, how could he not accept?

Jeongin finds himself crying on the way back from college, he had failed a test. Jeongin often received amazing scores, just today he didn't do well and his teacher scolded his ear off. "You've disappointed me. Do you know what your dad would've felt?" with just the mention of his dad, Jeongin broke down in tears right there, he had ran out the class despite the teacher's calls, he is probably guilty by now.

Jeongin completely forgets that Chan was supposed to pick him out today.

As Jeongin walked, rubbed his eyes and continued sobbing, he didn't realise the black car that stopped just a few steps from him. The car's window rolls down, a certain blonde head pokes out. "Jeong-... Jeongin! What are you doin' buddy?" It's Chan, and Jeongin feels embarrassed just because of hard he had cried. Jeongin turns on his heels and tries to walk away from the car, but Chan was quick enough to run to him, he stops him by holding his waist.

"What's up Jeongin?" Chan is concerned, his eyebrows are knitted together and wrinkles formed at his forehead because of how he frowned. Jeongin turns around and frowns, he hugs Chan- words can't seem to form when Chan is around. "The- Teacher- H- He- Fail- I-" His words jumbled and tangled with eachother, looping with his hiccups and sobs. "Hey, hey.. Take deep breaths, yeah? Let's go in the car, we'll talk it out at the house?" Chan's calming tone makes Jeongin have enough courage to nod, he lets Chan smooth out his hair and ruffle it right after.

Jeongin leans his head on Chan's shoulder throughout the whole car ride, holding tight on Chan's arm, almost like he didn't want Chan to leave him, Chan would never.

"What's up? You okay?" Chan asks the younger sitting beside him on the bed, their shoulders and thighs are touching, though it wasn't awkward. "I'm h-hurt." Jeongin tries to say, however a hiccup interupts his word, Chan rubs his knee as a sign to go on. "I didn't do so well on today's test, and u-um the teacher used my dad in his scoldings.. He said my dad would be disappointed, it just rlly h-hurt me," Chan understood, Chan knew what Jeongin was going on about, he now knew why Jeongin's dad wasn't at home when he was there.

That night, Jeongin spent it on talking to Chan and snuggling against him, both of their hearts couldn't stop beating that night.