Chapter Twenty: Moving In

Authors Note: Wow, been a while, hasn't it? To my loyal followers, you probably know how sporadic I am by this point. I like to go on hiatus with zero notice. It sucks and I'm sorry about it, but things have been crazy. I recently got diagnosed with Sensori-neural hearing loss. (Not sure if I spelled that right) and have been going through a lot of therapy to figure out if I need a hearing aid immediately or if I need to try this weird nerve medicine or what. Keep in mind, I am 21 years old and have had no significant hearing damage in my life-including ear infections- so this came as a shock. I have recently accepted my fate and have decided to buy a book on sign language ( my town is too small to offer classes). Anyway, enough about me. This is what you've all been waiting for, so enjoy!

******

William Murdoch beamed as he strolled into their new flat. It was much nicer than he alone could afford, on the third floor of one of the more upper-class neighborhoods. The hardwood floors shone as the morning light streamed in from the balcony doors. It was so airy and bright, Murdoch thought it resembled a French villa in a way. He was just putting down the last of the crates of his belongings when James Gillies strode out from what William could only assume was the bedroom. He had a massive smirk on his face, knowing full well that Murdoch was beyond impressed at the lavishness of the apartment. The floor plan contained one living area, one bedroom, one kitchen area, one bathroom, and one study. It was huge in comparison to Murdoch's old studio flat, and he loved it. 

James slipped his arms behind Murdoch, resting his chin on the detective's shoulder, "Do you like it, then?"

Murdoch raised his brows in appraisal, "Like it? I love it...but how?" 

James grinned smugly, "You let me worry about that, my dear detective. And don't worry, it was not purchased illegally or by any underhanded means." 

Murdoch breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing this news. He trusted James, but it was hard to know where he got his money from knowing little about his past. James Gillies pulled on his hands and led Murdoch through their apartment. The kitchen was cozy, big enough for two to cook, and fixed with all new appliances-including an ice box, which impressed the detective very much. The bathroom was pretty normal aside from the largest bathtub he had ever seen before. It was big enough for at least three people and Murdoch wondered how one would heat enough water to fill it. That is, until James turned the tap on to reveal this apartment was fixed with hot water plumbing-a rarity among the middle and lower class. 

They continued on from the bathroom, to the study. James cast a nervous glance at Murdoch before opening the door inwards. The detective was stunned. The study had been furnished with floor to ceiling bookshelves, a giant mahogany desk, three chalkboards, and a space that occupied only his inventions. It was a masterpiece and Murdoch had trouble holding back tears as he realized it was the most thoughtful thing anyone had ever done for him. 

James Gillies held his hand behind his back, "So...is it alright? I can have some things changed if you want. It took awhile, but if you want a different desk or-Oof!" 

William slammed into James in a back crushing hug. He was so so happy, word could not express his heart right now. "I love it. It's perfect. You're perfect." 

James laughed breathlessly, "Well, Thank your god for that." He patted the detective's back and pulled him forward. 

"Come on, Detective. There's one more room waiting for you. You may come back right after you see what else I have in store." He winked and tugged on Murdoch's hand playfully. That's right, the only room left was...the bedroom. 

William followed along anxiously. He knew James was mischievous, and so he was apprehensive  about what was waiting in this last room. Following along, Murdoch held his breath. James stopped in front of a large wooden door with ornate carvings, he smiled reassuringly before revealing inside. 

"Welcome Home, William." The door swung open. It was even better than the study. It was large, the bed. Huge, even. William knew upper class people had talked about beds fit for a king, but this was too much. With four giant wooden columns stretching out from the headboard and foot board, they reached a peak that draped a sheer black curtain over the entire bed. Part of it was tied back so William could see that James had wasted no expense and fitted the bed with silk all the way from the pillows to the sheets. The thought of seeing James on that bed made Murdoch flush and soon Gillies was smirking, knowing full well where his mind had gone to. 

"Why, Detective, is it so much to your liking that you're having immoral thoughts? I must say I'm flattered my decorating skills can do this to such a man." The teasing tone was present now, mixed with a heaviness that Murdoch could only describe as desire. It made his skin tingle how deep and wanting James's voice had become. He almost leaned towards him, but James suddenly pulled away. 

"Now, now, Detective. It is early morning and as much as I would like to do nothing else but undress you, you still have to attend work in less than thirty minutes." He crossed his arms playfully, showing he would not give in. Murdoch sighed.

"Yes, you're right. It's a shame though..." He trailed off, mumbling to himself. James's eyes flashed darkly and he leaned in close, bringing his lips to Murdoch's neck. 

"Don't worry, Detective. You may strip search me after work," He whispered, biting lightly at Murdoch's pulse, "I'll be waiting." 

Once more, that knowing, teasing, awful, smirk.

******

Thank you guys for reading, Ill be posting the next chapter tomorrow/later today. Be prepared, the next chapter will be a lot of fluff and smut, so if you don't like it, do not read. ALso, sorry if it's a little short. I got too excited for the next two chapters that I wanted this one to just get over with already.

Love,

Rachel