CHAPTER 1

A/N : Hey! So I had started this story during school and I just realized that I had lots of mistakes... That's why I'm editing it and I'm also adding some new stuff. I'm not completely changing the story, so, if you don't want to reread it, you don't have to :)  Also, if you see any mistakes, please comment so that I can correct it 💕

Enjoy! 

__________________________________

"Swan, what's the answer?", My math teacher, Mr. Kim Namjoon, asks me.

I don't get it, why does he want me to solve the problem? It's not as if I'm the best student in the class. Well...I'm not the worst either. I pass the majority of my math exams with 80% or more, but I just practice the math problems the night before. I'm too lazy to do my homework and now, the teacher is asking me to answer. Everyone is staring at me and that gives me anxiety. Oh God!I hate being the center of attention.

"I-I'm not sure. This problem was very hard and I wasn't able to do it.", I answer with puppy eyes, hoping that Mr. Kim will accept my excuse.

The teacher looks disappointed and moves to Lucas.

"Lucas, I know you haven't done your homework either", He presses on the word either as he gives me a judging stare, "but still, let's see what you think"

Lucas or Wong Yuk Hei is the school's typical handsome, popular, boy who doesn't give a shit about anything. His parents are quite rich and they are friends with the school's principal and maybe that's why he can do whatever he wants. So, like always, instead of listening to the professor, he is sleeping on his desk.

"Lucas!", The teacher calls him once more while increasing his tone.

I sometimes feel sorry for the teachers, I can see it in their eyes how much they desire to scold the rich kids, but they can't. Basically, the teachers in our school are helpless when it comes to disciplining the rich kids.

Mr. Kim calls Lucas once again and this time, Jungwoo, another handsome boy and Lucas' friend, decides to wake Lucas up.

The sleepy boy wakes up and looks around like a lost kid.

"Lucas, what's X in the question 2 b?", The teacher repeats the question.

"Uhh..." The student thinks like for two seconds, "X is an alphabet", he answers and then starts to laugh at his own joke.

The whole classroom starts to laugh as well.

Lucas is good at two things :

Killing everyone with his handsome looks; and

Mocking the teacher and everyone else.

Mr. Kim knew he couldn't do anything to stop the boy because of his parents, so, he doesn't even bother to say anything and just ignores him. He then proceeds to Kim Doyoung, the class president, and asks him to answer. As expected, Doyoung got the right answer. He is the smartest kid in our class and one of the smartest in our school.

After a few minutes, which seemed like a whole lifetime, the bell finally rings and everyone hurries to leave.

•••

I went to my locker to take my next class' books, which was science, when Mark comes and opens his locker aggressively.

Mark is my best friend since like ever. Our parents are college friends and that is how we got to know each other. Mark is just a few months younger than me. Our mothers got pregnant around the same time and we both were born in the same hospital. So, that's how I know him since he was born. We often visit each other's houses and he gives me big noona feelings. He's just so cute that I want to protect him at any cost.

Even though he's a boy and I'm a girl, we tell each other everything. Actually... Not everything, there is something that he doesn't know about. It's about my crush for Lucas. I always pretend that I'm not like the other girls in our school who are dying over Lucas, but in reality, I'm like everyone else. I like Lucas since the first grade, but I never got the guts to tell him. It's not that I'm shy, it's just that I feel like he's too perfect for me. Also, I'm scared of rejection.

"What's wrong, Mark? What are you so angry about?", I ask him.

"Nothing, it's just Haechan...", He tells me.

Lee Donghyuck or Haechan is my second best friend. He is in the same class as Mark and that's how I got to know him. At first, I thought that Haechan was the purest kid alive on this planet, it was as if I had met an angel, but boy I was wrong... I mean yes, he's still pure, cute and all, but he's a little devil when he opens his mouth. He is skilled at annoying people. Luckily, his favorite target is Mark.

"What has he done now?", I wonder.

"We were supposed to study together last night, but he ditched me and went shopping instead with Jaemin", He explains the situation.

"It's okay, Makeu~ You know how he is. He just loves shopping so much.", I comfort him by patting his back.

"Makeuuuu!", Haechan approaches us with a moonwalk.

Mark doesn't even look at him and tries to walk away, but I grab him from his wrist.

"Oh, my cute Makeu is still mad? Look what I bought for you, a Michael Jackson shirt.", Haechan shows what he has bought.

"I'm not a Michael Jackson fan", Mark tells him angrily.

"I know, but I am.", He smiles cutely.

Haechan was so cute that even I couldn't prevent myself from smiling. So, eventually, Mark smiles too and makes up with Haechan.

•••

School finally finished for today. After taking my stuff from the locker, I hurried and went to the bus stop in front of our school. The bus comes and Mark is still not here. I decide to stay and wait for the next bus, and Mark.

"Why the hell is Mark so late?", I wondered.

We always take the bus together since we live next to each other. I start to get worried, this is unusual of him.

"Swan, Lucas beat up Mark!" Haechan runs towards me.