CHAPTER 25

After what happened with Taeyong during the lunch break, I can't concentrate on anything that the teacher is saying right now. My head is repeating the past hour. I can still feel Taeyong's tears on my shoulder and I can still hear his sad whispers.

I try to survive the next two hours by counting each second, while my eyes are glued on the round clock beside the whiteboard. I desperately wait for the bell to ring so I can escape this real world and go back to my world, in my bed in front of my laptop.

When the final class ends, I grab my stuff as fast as I can and run towards the exit. Suddenly, I hear someone calling me and I stop my steps.

"Hey", Jaehyun approaches me. "Can we talk?", He cutely smiles as he shows his dimples.

"Yeah, sure", I reply with an awkward expression, not sure about why all of a sudden he wants to speak with me.

"Actually...", he starts but then as soon as he notices the other students who were leaving the room staring at the two of us strangely, he stops.

Is he ashamed to be seen with me? I start to question myself about Jaehyun's weird behavior and honestly right now, with the way he's acting, I just want to leave and not listen to what he has to say.

"Can we wait for others to leave first?", He asks and I want to say no.

"Okay"

Why? Why you stupid girl?! I curse at myself as soon as the word 'okay' leaves my mouth.

While I'm busy scolding myself, Jaehyun happily waits for the students to leave the classroom. During that moment, I also notice Lucas' piercing eyes on me and Jaehyun, but as soon as I look in his way, he pretends to be busy on his phone.

"What are you waiting for?", Jungwoo questions his friend.

"N-nothing", Lucas stutters while answering.

The tall boy quickly grabs his stuff, making sure to avoid any eye contact with me. While leaving, his shoulder bumps into Jaehyun's. I'm not sure if he's trying to make it look like an accident, but it sure doesn't seem like that. That bump was kind of aggressive, it seemed like some type of a warning. I wonder if he's jealous or was it really an accident?

"Sorry bro, Jungwoo apologizes to Jaehyun after watching his friend's rude behavior and follows him out of the classroom.

Once the whole classroom is empty, Jaehyun starts to speak again, "So, I actually wanted to-", but he gets interrupted once more and this time it's because of my phone.

I see Mark's name on my phone screen and I instantly remember that I was supposed to meet him after school.

"One sec, I have to answer this call, sorry", I tell him and take the call.

"Yah! Where are you?", Before I can say anything I hear Mark shouting from the other side of the phone.

"I'm still in the class, Jaehyun wanted to talk about something", I explain, "So, don't wait for me and go home".

"What? Why does he want to talk to you?", The Canadian queries and honestly I have the same question.

"I don't know", I reply.

"Bu-", Before he can say another word, I shut him up and tell him to hang up now because I really have to listen to what Jaehyun has to say.

Once I'm done with Mark, my full attention comes back towards the boy standing in front of me.

"I-I wanted to ask-", Jaehyun runs his hand through his hair and laughs nervously, "Will you come to Sori's party with me?"

After being able to say what he wants to, I can see the relief on his face, but at the same time, I sense the uneasiness that he has while waiting for my answer.