CHAPTER 37

As I'm putting my socks on and getting ready for school, my phone buzzes, and I see that I have received a text from Mark. It says that he'll be late for school today and that I shouldn't wait for him. I wonder why he's going to be late since from what I remember he's almost always on time. So, I message him back asking what's wrong to which he replies by saying that he forgot to do his English homework and he has English class in the first period. I find this a little bit strange because English is one of his favorite subjects and he never misses or comes late to any class unless he's extremely sick or he has an appointment.

So, I take the bus alone to school and to be honest I kinda feel lonely and I miss Mark's presence. The few minutes that we have before the classes can start, I hang out with Haechan, and the whole time he complains about why Mark didn't show up. From the way he's talking I guess he still doesn't know about Mark's feelings for him. I start to think about if Haechan likes him back or if he doesn't, then what will happen to their friendship.

The first period starts and while the teacher is discussing the book that we're going to read for this month, Lucas walks in. Our eyes meet for a moment before his attention goes towards the man at the front of the classroom.

"Sorry", That's all Lucas says before walking towards his seat and the professor just shakes his head knowing that the tall boy's habit won't ever change.

After the lesson, I take my things and directly go to meet my two friends.

As I arrive at my locker, I see Mark and Haechan talking, but then I notice a red spot on his left cheek.

"What happened to your cheek?", I touch his face while questioning about it, worried.

"Nothi-", Before the Canadian can reply, Haechan blurts, "He got beat up".

"B-beat up? By whom? Why?" My eyes express concern as I query the boys.

"It's not-", Once again Mark tries to stop this discussion, but gets cut off by Haechan. "He told Minah that he likes someone else so they should break up and she slapped him." The younger explains and Mark gives him an irritated look for exposing him.

"Did you tell her who you like?", I ask.

"Yeah", He answers and the other just stares at the two of us with confusion.

"You know who he likes?" Haechan queries.

Mark and I exchange glances nervously trying to keep calm so that the boy doesn't catch us keeping the secret from him.

"No, I don't. What about you?" I successfully lie.

"No", He pouts, "I have been begging him since this morning but he doesn't want to open his mouth".

During the time the three of us are busy discussing Mark's love life, Minah and Lucas approach us.

"Hi", Lucas says with a little bit of awkwardness while his sister stays quiet beside him, looking at the ground. "Minah has something to tell you", He reveals.

The girl gives her brother a look that says she doesn't want to be here, standing in front of us, but the taller just ignores her and pushes her to speak, "Say what you have to say".

"I want them to leave", She says, glaring at the two boys beside me.

"We should leave", Mark tells Haechan.

"They're my friends, whatever you have to say, you can say it in front of them." I stop the two from leaving.

The young girl lets out a frustrated sigh. "I'm sorry for what I did", she starts to speak. "I know you're not the one for whom Mark wants to leave me." She explains as her gaze shifts in the direction of her ex-boyfriend and the one he loves. At that moment, I realize that maybe my decision of making the two boys stay wasn't that great. I begin to wonder if she's going to reveal Mark's secret. "It was wrong of me to just assume without any proof that you were trying to steal Mark from me." Her apology seems honest, but I wish I could feel like forgiving her so that we all can move on.