CHAPTER 7

I fell asleep during the ride and I wake up by the sudden break that Lucas took.

"What happened?", I ask him unconsciously.

"We have arrived", the boy answers.

I looked around and he was right.

I get off the bike and thank him. I start to walk but Lucas stops me by grabbing my wrist.

"You have something of mine", he points towards my head as I turn around. At first, I look at him clueless, but then I remember that I'm still wearing his motorcycle helmet. I try to remove the helmet, but because of sudden panic, it gets stuck and I can't remove it.

"Wait, let me help you", He smiles kindly.

The taller removes the helmet and is about to leave but stops again. I analyze myself to see if there is another thing of him that I forgot to give back, but there was nothing else. I look at the direction that he is glaring and I realize that it's Mark's house, which was beside mine. He harshly throws the helmet on the road. He rushes towards the Canadian boy's house.

"Minah, what the hell are you doing with him?!", Lucas yells angrily.

Minah quickly lets go of Mark's hand because of her brother's unexpected voice. Mark froze and I could see the panic in his eyes.

Lucas is about to punch Mark when I quickly run towards them. I put my arms around him. I hug him tight from behind.

"Stop. Please. Stop.", I request him with a shaking voice as my tears start to fall down.

To my surprise, Lucas doesn't move. He stays still for a moment and then slowly, he frees himself from my grip. He doesn't even look at me and just walks away.

Mark and Minah are still in shock.

After a few minutes, Minah starts to cry.

"It's okay, it's not your fault", Mark tries to comfort her.

"Go home, talk with your brother", I pat the young girl's shoulder before leaving them alone.

The moment, I start to walk away, I start to feel a sudden pain in my heart. The situation is so messed up that I just want to run away from it. I'm feeling bad for leaving Mark alone, but I can't handle the situation. That moment, Lucas' silence hit me hard and created a certain emptiness in my heart.

As soon as I get home, I run to my room. I hug my pillow and start to cry my heart out. The funny part is that I don't even know why I'm crying.

•••

The next day:

I'm late for school. As I enter the class, my eyes start to search for Lucas. The teacher looks at me with disappointment, "you're late, young lady".

"I'm sorry, the bus was late", I try to defend myself with a lame excuse.

"Can't you kids find another excuse? Every time it's the same thing. Take your seat", the adult sighs.

I silently take my seat and look around once again hoping to find Lucas, but he is absent. I get lost in my thoughts and stop listening to the lecture. Luckily, the bell rings and I hurry to go meet Minah. I want to ask her about how things went last night. I want to know if Lucas is alright.

I walk in the corridor when I see a tall boy walking towards me. It's Lucas. He probably wants to talk with me too, I thought.

"Lu-", I approach him, but he walks by without even glancing at me.

Why is he mad at me? Is it because I stopped him from hitting Mark?

My eyes become watery, but I stop myself from crying. I'm not the type of person to cry in front of anyone.

The girls around notice Lucas ignoring me and I can see their satisfaction through their smirk.

So, I pretended as if nothing happened and walk to my locker.

I'm on my way when Sori and some other girls stop me.

"What would you do now? Who will protect you now?", Sori smirks.

The rich Chinese girl raises her hand to hit me when someone grabs it and stops her from hitting me.

"Noona, what the hell are you doing?", Chenle asks her.

Noona? Are they siblings or just very close?

"Yah! Stop butting in my business!", the girl yells.

"Okay, do as you wish, but I will tell dad that you're bullying people", the younger shrugs his shoulders.

Sori glares at us annoyed and leaves. Her friends follow her as well.

"Thank you", I smile at the cute boy.

"No problem. Since my sister was being rude, it was my responsibility to stop her", he gives me a warm smile. "So, are you coming tomorrow?", he asks.

"What? Where?", I look at him puzzled.

"To Jungwoo's party", the boy explains.

"You are invited, right?", he adds.

"Don't tell me he didn't invite his best friend's girlfriend!", Chenle exclaims.

"N-no, it's not like that-I'm busy. So, I don't think I can go", I try to find an excuse.

I'm not sure if Lucas and I are still going to act as girlfriend and boyfriend. I'm not even sure if he wants to see me again.

"Come on~ you have to come", the blond guy tries to convince me.

"I will see", I smile and go to my locker to take my next class' books.

•••

After school :

I'm waiting at the bus stop when Mark shows up.

"Aren't you going with Minah today?", I ask him.

"No, we decided to take a break", he explains.

I patted his shoulder to comfort him.