CHAPTER 14

A few days passed and Mark and I are still acting like strangers. Haechan and I actually started to talk back, but everything is still very awkward. The only conversation that we have is :

- Hi, how are you?

- Good, you?

Like usual, I'm in class, staring at the teacher while my mind is somewhere else.

I should concentrate or else I'll fail, I tell myself, but no matter how hard I try to snap back to reality, I can't escape the ocean of my thoughts.

The third period finishes as the bell rings and finally, it's the lunch break. As much as I'm hungry, I'm scared to cross paths with Mark. I don't want to go out of the classroom, but I have to go to the cafeteria to buy my lunch. In the past few days, I ate lunch with Kun and his friends, Winwin and Taeil. Today, Kun is absent, so, I can't just go and sit with his friends when he isn't here. Now, I know the boys, but I still am not that close with them. Also, I don't want to bother them. So, I think, I'm gonna stay in the classroom during the break.

Suddenly, I feel my stomach growling. I squirm in my seat, trying to silence the rumbling since there're still some students in the classroom and I don't want them to hear the strange noise that my stomach is making. I feel extremely hungry. I want to eat, but I don't wanna go out. What should I do? I ask myself.

"Aren't you going to eat?", I hear Lucas asking.

He seems worried. He has probably noticed my weird behavior.

"Huh-", I was searching for an excuse when unexpectedly Lucas guesses, "did you and your friends fight?"

"What?!", I stare at him with surprise. "N-no, evrythingisfine", I reply quickly.

"Look, stop lying. You're a really bad liar", He chuckles, "I can see everything in your face. You're like an open book."

"What do you mean you can see everything?", I query.

"I just can. I have superpowers", the Chinese boy winks and starts to laugh.

"Come", he approaches his hand asking me to hold it, "Let's go eat".

"But what about your friends? Wouldn't they be uncomfortable with me around?", I question him.

"No. Of course not. They all like you", He smiles gently.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Now let's go, I'm starving!", the handsome Chinese grabs my hand and makes me walk with him.

[Time skip]

During lunch :

As expected, the boys are all very loud. At first, I'm a little bit awkward, but then, I get used to it and without realizing, I'm laughing at their jokes with them.

Suddenly, my eyes shift to another table, where Mark is sitting. Minah is also there with him. He also glances at me. I can see that Minah is talking but Mark seems lost in his own thoughts.

"Swan-", Johnny says something, but I'm to busy staring at Mark that I can't hear anything.

"Swan?", the tall boy calls.

"Huh? Yes?", I look at him puzzled.

"Are you okay?", Jungwoo asks.

Lucas and the rest of the boys seem concerned by my actions.