CHAPTER 16

It's around 9 PM and Lucas brought me back home. We're standing in front of my house.

"Lucas?", I start to speak.

"Yes, baby girl", the young boy smiles at me cutely.

"I-I have to tell you something"

"Yes?"

"I- actually I-", I inhale and exhale deeply, "You remember when I got drunk at Jungwoo's party?"

"Yeah, I remember", He answers with a nervous laugh.

"I-I k-ki-", I'm about to reveal everything when suddenly his phone starts to ring.

He takes his phone out of jeans pocket and looks at the screen, "Sorry babe, I have to take this phone call, it's important".

He answers the call and after a few minutes, he hangs it up.

He returns back to face me and asks, "so what did you want to tell me?"

"Nothing", I shake my head.

I know, I have to tell him, but I lost the courage that I had a few minutes ago. I don't know anymore how to reveal to him that I kinda cheated on him. I mean I was drunk, it's not really my fault, but will he understand? Will he still stay me or want to see my face? I'm scared. I'm scared of losing him. I know Sori said she'll tell him tomorrow if I don't tell him before and it is better if I tell him about what happened, but I can't. Now, I just have to hope that Sori won't say anything, at least not until I tell him.

Lucas stares at me a little bit confused as if he's trying to read me, but he can't.

I look up at him and smile.

Maybe this is going to be the last time that I can see your face from this close, I say in my head.

He takes a few more steps towards me and now our faces are just a few inches apart. He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and caresses my cheeks as he places both of his palms on each side of my face.

"I don't know what is going on in your mind, but let me just tell you this that I will always be by your side", He says before giving me a gentle peck on the lips and hugging me.

•••

Lucas leaves and I go inside.

As I enter the house, I hear my mom's voice, "your school called".

"I didn't feel well", I answer, knowing what she was talking about.

"Then why didn't you call me or come back home directly?", she approaches me, arms crossed.

"I didn't want to worry you and I didn't feel like coming back home", I roll my eyes.

"Who do you think you're rolling your eyes at young lady?", She asks in an angry tone.

Why suddenly do you care how I act? You never did. You were always busy with your work. Remember that is your first priority.

"I'm sorry", I apologize.

"Swan, I have been your age, so stop lying to me. I know you're not sick."

"What do you mean I'm lying?"

"Seriously?! Are you still going to play dumb? I just saw you getting off that guy's motorcycle. You think I don't know that you skipped school to hang out with him?"

"I didn't skip school to hang out with him, it just happened", I yell, annoyed.

"Who do you think you're shouting at young lady", my mother raises her to voice.