Chapter 24-Fallen

Sunstreaker's POV
I watched as Silverspeed walked away,and I turned around to go back to my quarters.
Even though Sideswipe also shares the room,it was mine first anyways.
I sat down on my berth,seeing the empty spot where Sideswipe should have been.
I decided to wait on him,staring at the door,waiting for it to open.
Hours later,I got agitated and stood up.
I growled in anger,and stepped out of the berthroom,looking around the dark corridors.
"Where is that idiot?"I snarled.
Walking out,I decided to take Silverspeed's advice and go to the shoreline,going after him.
But then,I wondered if something was wrong with him.
I narrowed my optics,he's supposed to tell me what's wrong.
Something must be truly getting to him if it's this bad.
I hesitated at first,lingering at the doorway from our berthroom.
"Oh what the heck,"I growled,and stomped out the base to the edge of the beach.
I traveled around the base of the shoreline,waiting to see him play a prank on me or something...
But instead,he was in a crouched position,staring at the ocean blankly.
"That couldn't be Sideswipe..could it?"I spoke quietly,squinting my optics at the bot.
It was definitely Sideswipe,but he wasn't acting like himself,he seemed...strange.
I started towards him,but he stopped me,"Go away,"He said hoarsely.
"What?"I said shocked.
He doesn't even want to talk to his own twin?
"What's wrong,"I demanded,narrowing my optics at him.
"Who cares..obviously no one I care about,"He mumbled under his breath.
"What did you say?"I questioned not hearing the last part;which aggravated me.
"Nothing,"He said quickly,looking away to the morning Sunrise now.
"I said,what's wrong,"I raised my voice,sending a rev from my engine.
"Just leave me alone..."He trailed,a wave of desperation in his voice.
"You've been out here since Silverspeed came back,no way I'm letting to let you rust here,"I crossed my arms.
"Fine then,I'll leave..."Sideswipe tried to get up,but horribly failed.
He winced,but tried again.
His gears were stuck,and he was probably sitting there too long without moving to immediately get back up again.
He looked at me,and I glared at him.
"Don't think that I'll help you out there,it's your own slagging fault you stayed overnight here,"I said plainly.
He sighed heavily,but eventually got himself back up,walking past me with a cold shoulder.
I growled,and pulled him back to face me.
He had a blank face,yet angered at the same time.
This isn't the Sideswipe I know..the carefree,lighthearted (Sometimes..)prankster?
He sulked away slowly after I let him go,to which it seemed he was having to heave himself every step.
He was in pain,clutching his spark.I pondered the thought,my spark felt fine...
What's with him?The bond was closed off,he wasn't even talking to me,let alone any bot else.
He's literally closing himself off from the world!
I decided to follow him in secret,he couldn't go very fast anyways.
Besides,I have a right to look after my twin,whatever the circumstances.
He was mumbling something,almost like sleep talking...
"It always happens to me...doesn't it?I never get anything I care about in my life.."
What in the pits?I gave a bewildered look before stopping myself from snooping around anymore.
Something he cares about?What could he mean by that?
He could have just been talking about random things,but it didn't seem very random.
It obviously wasn't me,or else he would have talked to me..more than he did.
Wait...he couldn't be talking about Silverspeed...could he?
I laughed at myself,starting to walk back to my quarters,when I spotted Silverspeed kicking a rock lightly.
I raised an optic,but said nothing.
Sideswipe was already gone,but I wondered if Silverspeed saw him.
She didn't seem very interested in anything however,her face indifferent at everything she looked at.
Until she spotted me.Her optics widened at first,but then turned into a dark gaze towards me.
I walked towards her,but she turned around,starting to walk in the other direction.
I parted my derma to call out to her,but I stayed silent and ran after her.
When I reached her,she whipped around to face me with a glare.
"What,"She asked.
"Oh..well just wanted to know if you were alright,"I said,shocked at her tone of voice.
She hesitated for a moment,looking down at the floor.
"If that's all you have to say,I've got other things to do,"She said as she turned away.
"Wait,do you what's wrong with Sideswipe? He seems to be acting strange,"
"You're telling me,"She rolled her optics.
"What?"I questioned.
"Nothing,figure it out yourself,"She said simply as she walked away once more.
I sighed,looking back to where Sideswipe had went.
She made a quiet gasp to herself,and looked back to me.
"Sunstreaker!The Decepticons!They've--"
Sirens started to blaze around the area,humans and Autobots rushing out.
"Silverspeed,do you know what's happening?"I questioned.
"Yes,yes!The Decepticons have taken the Allspark shard and most likely...revived Megatron,"She spoke.
"We need to get over there now,"I demanded.
"We can't;we just have to stay here..There's nothing we can do,the information is just now getting to us,"She said sadly.
Optimus walked over to us,his towering image shading us both.
"Autobots,Sam is in trouble;we have to travel to the mainland where he is located,"OP said urgently.
"What?Huh?"I said absentmindedly.
"You know,that boy who we talked about before?"Sunstreaker said sarcastically.
"We must protect the boy,"Optimus said.
I nodded my helm in agreement,and followed Optimus as he walked to find the others.
As soon as we could we headed out again,separated into two carrier planes.
I wasn't given too much information,all I knew was that Megatron was alive and well again,and coming after Sam.
In my plane,Ironhide,Mirage,Jolt,Sides and Sunny;as well as the weapons and equipment.
The other plane had everyone else,along with Optimus the giant.
-
After awhile though,I became anxious.
We'd only been on the plane for thirty minutes or so,but the deathly silence was literally killing me.
I stared back at the locked ramp door,wishing it to open.
Maybe,I could get out some how! At least then I wouldn't have to suffer the quiet here.
I searched for another exit,when I spied the emergency hatch on the top of the plane.
Everyone was in there alts,not moving an inch.
I'd have to transform to even try to fit in the hatch.It was definitely bigger than any regular hatch,so I might as well try.
I transformed quickly,making everyone else jump in surprise.
I reached out towards the hatch,and Jolt transformed.
"Silverspeed,what are you doing?"He asked with wide optics.
"I'm jumping ship,"I winked.
"What?"Jolt said,but I had already opened the hatch and climbed out.
The wind was streaming into my faceplates,luckily my visor saved me from that.
I smirked,standing up from my crouched position and slowly slid down the plane.
Once I reached the edge,I was about to transformed until Sunny came up from the hatch.
"What in pits do you think you're doing,"He growled.
I shrugged with a smile,then slowly fell down,and I saw Sunstreaker's face widen in shock.
He quickly went back to angry however when he saw me fly back up in my jet.
"You come back here!"He called as I tilted to the side,doing a barrel roll in his view.
If he could see,I would've have the snuggest face plastered on me.
He rolled his optics,and went back down into the plane,myself smiling mentally in victory.

-

The plane landed,and Optimus ordered us all to stay back until he called us.
I was unsure if that was a good idea or big,but we all complied.
He transformed and raced off to where we spotted Sam's location.
Yet,my spark sunk when I saw a league of Decepticons flying that way as well.
I left the Autobots and transformed,shooting off without them.
They followed my lead,all transforming to save Optimus and Sam.
My optics widened when I saw Decepticons surrounding the area,as well as Sam running away through the forest.
I landed down into the forest,but was quickly thrown into battle with Soundwave.
"Inferior,Silverspeed,"He quoted monotonely,twisting my servo in the wrong direction.
I cried out,trying to release his grip;but he tightened instead,punching me with his other servo in my chassis.
Breathing heavily I took back a couple steps,clutching my twisted servo.
I looked back at where Optimus was,taking on all the Decepticons at once.
Yet Megatron had took that as a chance to spear his sword through Optimus' spark,and my optics got big.
I heard Sams' yell and watched him run to Optimus.
Soundwave kicked me down while I wasn't paying attention,and I fell into the dirt on my side.
Finally the rest of the Autobots came,and the Decepticons retreated hesitantly.
I slowly brought myself back up with a sigh,and the Autobots came over to me.
"Where's Optimus?Sam?"Ratchet asked.
I looked over to Optimus,optics gray and dull,Sam standing there.
"Silverspeed,you're servo!"Jazz said worriedly.
"It's fine,just--twisted,that's all,"I said with a forced smile,even though the pain was pulsing through my processor.
"Glad you're alright,"Ironhide said.
I nodded solemnly,seeing Bumblebee let Sam into his alt.
Mudflap and Skids followed,traveling back on the road.
The rest of us went back to the planes,sad looks on our faces as our leader...was fallen.