Chapter Three: Fateful Confrontation

Knowing what he had to do, Optimus Prime transformed into his semi-truck mode, driving off into the ruined Autobot City.

In Autobot City, Megatron, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Astrotrain, Kickback, Sharpshot, and Bombshell were running towards the Genesis, when all of a sudden, Optimus Prime came from behind the Decepticons, seemingly out of nowhere. Thrust, Sharpshot, and Astrotrain turned around to see Optimus Prime in pickup truck mode coming right at them. "What the-- Gaaah!!" was all Thrust could say before he was rammed against Optimus's truck grille and sent flying. Sharpshot tried to dodge, saying, "You'll never take me a-- Aaaah!!", before getting slammed to the side by Optimus's truck window. Astrotrain quickly ran away, using the boosters on his feet to fly up into the air so he could avoid getting rammed by Optimus. Bombshell then yelled, "Well? What are we waiting for? Open fire!" So the Decepticons opened fire on Optimus, who boosted himself into the air, transformed into robot mode, pulled out his Ion Blaster, and returned fire, blasting Ramjet, Dirge, and Bombshell. Optimus then landed on the ground and blasted Kickback and Sharpshot, who had just gotten up. Suddenly, Optimus's Ion Blaster was knocked out of his hands by Astrotrain, who was now on the ground, only for the Triple Changer Decepticon who doubled as military transportation to get a punch to the face. In one of the openings to the inside of Autobot City, Megatron was met by three Autobots; Torque, Airwave, and Rotorstorm. They tried to attack Megatron, but he immediately just blasted them through their chests in quick succession. This did, however, catch Optimus's attention when he heard the sounds of three explosions going off, so he quickly ran to the source of the explosions. The Decepticons began their pursuit, only to be met by the Dinobots getting in their way, followed by them combining into Volcanicus, ready for a good-old Decepticon smack-down, as he readied his giant sword. "We can't let this combiner get the better of us," yelled out Ramjet to the Decepticons, who got up from Optimus's sudden ambush. "Decepticons, attack!" Megatron grinned while looking at the mangled bodies that remained of Torque, Airwave, and Rotorstorm, when suddenly he saw the shadow of someone he knew well. "Prime," said Megatron as he turned to face Optimus Prime. "One shall stand, one shall fall," said Optimus. "Why throw away your life so recklessly?" questioned Megatron. "That's a question you should ask yourself, Megatron." Suddenly, Dirge came running and jumping at Optimus, yelling out, "Eat my fist, Prime!", only for Optimus to grab him by the leg and slam the Conehead Seeker into the ground. "No!" yelled out Megatron. "I'll crush you with my bare hands!" Megatron then jumped at Optimus, who quickly activated his retractable faceplate before Megatron rammed him to the ground. The battle between former allies had begun. In a nearby area, Sideswipe, Strongarm, Firestar, Hound, and Sunstreaker were battling the Stunticons; Sideswipe and Rhinox were fighting Motormaster, Sunstreaker, RoughEdge, and Mirage were fighting Heatseeker, Strongarm and Tigatron were fighting Wildbreak, Firestar and Cheetor were fighting Dragstrip, and Hound and Airazor were fighting Slashmark. Then, suddenly, they heard the sound of fighter jets flying through the sky. They looked up in the sky to see five fighter jets flying toward them. The Stunticons recognized them all too well. "Those Aerialbot swines!" said an infuriated Slashmark. The Aerialbots had showed up to join the fight, with Silverbolt joining Sideswipe and Rhinox, Slingshot joined Firestar and Cheetor, Fireflight joined Hound and Airazor, Skydive joined Strongarm and Tigatron, and Air Raid joined Sunstreaker, RoughEdge, and Mirage. "Sorry we're late," said Fireflight. "We and the Protectobots got kind of held up at Headquarters," said Skydive. "Today, you go down, Stunticons!" called Silverbolt. "Let's put that to the test," said Motormaster. "Stunticons, attack!" The Stunticons then started rushing at the Autobots, forcing them to get ready for the ensuing fight. However, the beginning of Optimus Prime's fight against Megatron caught Sideswipe's attention when he saw Optimus getting slammed to the ground by the Decepticon leader. "I've got to help Optimus!" he said, kicking Motormaster to the ground and running off to help Optimus. "Sideswipe, wait! Optimus can handle Megatron on his own!" called Strongarm, but Sideswipe didn't listen. Meanwhile, Optimus had just thrown Megatron off of him and into a wall. Megatron then picked up a metal shard, got up, and threw it at Optimus, stabbing him in the left side of his bottom torso. Megatron then fired a blast from his fusion cannon, but Optimus dodged the blast while running at Megatron, punching him in the chest and slamming him back into the already-damaged wall and causing his fusion cannon to fall off his arm. Megatron then picked up an Energo-saber, igniting its purple energy blade and slashing Optimus across his abdomen with a crackle of electricity. Optimus then backed up to the edge of a pitfall. Megatron then jumped at Optimus to slice him in half, only for Optimus to uppercut Megatron's face. Megatron fell to the ground, and Optimus ran at Megatron, jumping into the air to avoid a sweep kick before landing right in front of Megatron, who ground-kicked Optimus in the face, breaking his faceplate. Optimus fell to the ground but immediately got back up, only for Megatron to start grabbing at his eyes, saying, "I'll rip out your optics!" Optimus held Megatron back, then grabbed his head and threw him to the ground. Strongarm saw what happened, and seeing that now was the perfect time for Optimus to finish the fight, she kicked Wildbreak in the face and said, "Finish him off, Optimus! Do it now!" And so, Optimus walked up to his Ion Blaster, and pointed it at a downed Megatron. Optimus then slowly raised his blaster at Megatron, who turned around to see Optimus ready to finish the fight. "It's over, Megatron. By the power of the Primes, I am going to end this, once and for all," said Optimus, as he charged up his Ion Blaster to full power.