Chapter Eight: Strange Worlds (UNFINISHED)

Original publishing date: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 8:52 PM CST

Changelog update (2/10/2022, 9:09 PM CST): Added the Central Standard Time zone (CST) to the time of the original publishing date.

Location: outer space, heading toward a mysterious planet

Time: 1:31 PM

"I can't pull up! The controls are dead!" called out Strongarm after a desperate attempt to get the Genesis to pull up.

"Genesis to Vespira, we've taken too much damage! We're gonna crash!" said Sideswipe, frantically through the intercom.

The Genesis was going down, and it was quickly approaching a strange-looking planet, looking somewhat like Saturn, albeit made of metal, . The Genesis hit part of the planet's oddly-shaped ring, and then it hit the surface, running aground and shaking the Autobots inside violently and causing the controls and consoles to burst into sparks.

When the Genesis came to a halt, Red Alert was the first to get up, and she asked, "Guys... are you okay?"

"Yeah. But I've been better," said Grimlock, the mighty Dinobot leader staggering to his feet.

Everyone else slowly got up, and Cheetor got to the damaged intercom, hopeful that it would work. "Attention, Vespira, this is Cheetor from the Genesis. We've crash-landed on a strange planet but we're all okay." However, all he heard was static. "Vespira, do you read me?" But no one responded from the other side of the intercom. All that came out was the crackling sound of static. "Scrap! It looks like we're stuck here," said Cheetor.

However, only one thing was working; the radar system. "The radar system. It's still functional!" exclaimed Quickshadow with surprise.

Bluestreak got to the working radar system, and he looked on the screen, but was immediately shocked by what he was seeing. "Uh, guys, I think there's a barrage of missiles coming!"

"What?!" asked everyone in surprise on the crashed shuttle.

They all looked at the radar system screen, and they saw Bluestreak was right; Cyclonus, Aries, Eclipse, Acid Storm, Nacelle, and Ramjet had just fired off a barrage of heat-seeking missiles, and they were heading straight for the Genesis, with its hull burning in some spots.

"We have to get to the escape pods before it's too late!" Bluestreak exclaimed.

And so, everyone quickly rushed to the escape pods, with Bluestreak being the last one to get in one after seeing that the missiles were only 15 kilometers away from impact. They then ejected from the Genesis, and just in time, as the missiles collided with the crashed shuttle in a huge fireball that was visible from off the planet. But the Decepticons fortunately didn't notice the escape pods that ejected from the Vespira, due to the explosion being very bright. The escape pods had now scattered to different areas of this strange new world. So, where have they gone?

Planet: ???

Location: underwater

Date and Time: August 29, 2015, 1:50 PM

Sideswipe opened up his optics. He looked himself all over, and he breathed a sigh of relief to see he was still in one piece. But then, he quickly remembered what had happened in the past several minutes, remembering that the shuttle he was on, the Genesis, had been obliterated.

"I've gotta know if the others are okay," he said to himself, activating the communication systems of his escape pod. "Guys! Guys, do you read me? Red Alert? Dinobots? Bluestreak? Anybody?" But he heard no reply except for the familiar sound of static. "Scrud! I guess can only assume that the other escape pods have been destroyed or deserted. Where the heck am I?"

Sideswipe looked out the window of his escape pod, and he was in for a shock when he saw a large mechanical fish with sharp teeth eating a smaller fish. "What in the name of Micronus Prime?"

The sight of a mechanical fish with a sharp set of teeth made Sideswipe skeptical to open up the pod door. But, he knew that he wouldn't get anywhere if he didn't get out. So, Sideswipe kicked the pod door out, and the escape pod was immediately flooded with water, which had a golden hue to it, most likely due to the reflection of the golden yellow sky around the planet. Sideswipe was quick to swim out, and when he did, he was now looking at the mechanical wildlife of a big lake.

Knowing that he had some searching to do, Sideswipe began his swim, only to be halted immediately by a school of big mechanical fish coming towards him. And they looked hungry as they bared their teeth at the young Autobot. But Sideswipe wasn't gonna have it, as he quickly transformed his Decepticon Hunter into an energized buzzsaw, using it to swiftly cut many of the fishes in half. However, an even bigger school of the same type of fishes was coming for his aft as well.

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding!" Sideswipe said in frustration.

He braced himself for another round of cutting fishes, only for them to suddenly be blasted by laser-fire from behind him. Sideswipe was quick to look behind him, and grinned when he saw who the attackers were. "Chromia! Ironhide! Firestar!"

"You okay, Sideswipe?" asked Firestar.

"Yeah, I'm good. Thank goodness you guys are still alive."

"We had to deal with a giant mechanical shark, but we took care of it," said Chromia.

"Where're the others?" asked Ironhide.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out," answered Sideswipe.

Suddenly, the four Autobots were met with a familiar voice calling out for help. "Help!"

"Strongarm!" the other four Autobots called out, transforming into their vehicle modes and heading in the direction that they heard Strongarm's voice coming from. When they got there, they were met by Quickshadow and Hound, who were fighting off a giant mechanical squid that had Strongarm tied up in one of its tentacles.

"Help me!" called out Strongarm, as she saw Sideswipe approaching with Ironhide, Chromia, and Firestar.

"Strongarm!" called out Sideswipe.

This immediately caught the squid's attention, and it quickly came at the other four Autobots. "I am not becoming anyone's lunch! Let's take this robo-calamari down!" yelled Ironhide, busting out his red Energo-saber and swimming quickly at the squid.

"You heard Ironhide, guys!" said Chromia. "Let's go!"

So Chromia pulled out her blue Energon Trident, Firestar pulled out her orange Energon Mace, and Sideswipe pulled out his Decepticon Hunter and set it to sword mode. The three immediately joined Quickshadow, Hound, and Ironhide in attacking the squid. Hound used his Maxima Missile Launcher to blow up as many tentacles as possible, while Quickshadow used her silver Energon Axe to hack and slash at them.