Chapter Four: 'Til All Are One

Planet: Earth

Location: mountains outside of Autobot City, in the sky

Date and Time: August 29, 2015, 6:53 AM

"Jetfire to Ultra Magnus," said Jetfire, who was airborne in jet mode, as were the Aerialbots who were with him. "We've located the crash site of the Star Talon."

"Thank you, Jetfire," replied Ultra Magnus. "Trailbreaker will arrive at your location with Grapple, Bluestreak, and the Protectobots. Keep us updated on what you find."

"And what about Optimus? We heard he sustained a lot of damage in a fight with Megatron. Is he going to be okay?"

"I'm unsure. But Ratchet, Hound, Fixit, Red Alert, and Perceptor are assessing his condition as we speak. You'll know once we find out."

"Roger that, sir. Jetfire, out."

Location: Autobot City

Meanwhile, Autobot City had been very quiet since the battle ended. Ultra Magnus and the other Autobots were counting up the dead bodies. Windblade was surprised by the amount of Autobots who died in the battle. She recognized many of them; Huffer, Windcharger, Warpath, Rollout, Inferno, Powerglide, Mirage, Railspike, Gunrunner, Trailbreaker, Heatwave, and Sureshot. She was unsure how many more Autobots died trying to protect the city.

"So, Windblade, how many bodies have you found?" asked Saberburst to his sister.

"Currently, I've found 12 bodies. And I'm worried that's just the tip of the iceberg. You?"

"I found 15 of them. I can't believe this happened, and now. I received word from Moonbase One not too long ago. It was Gears saying that the Star Talon was coming to Autobot City to pick up more energon. It was going to be for a full-scale assault against the Decepticons on Cybertron."

"I know," added Blurr. "We were so close. If the Decepticons didn't find out about the Star Talon coming to Autobot City, we could have easily taken back Cybertron with enough supplies."

"Agreed," replied Windblade. "But that doesn't mean we can't try again. We just need to get Autobot City repaired, though."

"But that's probably going to take a long time," said Moonracer. "It took a long time just building the entire city. Imagine how long it's gonna take to do repairs."

"Well, at least Optimus was able to defeat Megatron," said Tracks. "If Optimus dies, I'll be sad, but not surprised. He sustained lots of damage, so we don't know if he'll survive or not."

"I'll go see if Russell found Sideswipe or not." So Windblade went off to go find Russell.

"We should contact Omega Supreme and tell him to get the caskets ready. We're gonna lot of them," said Arcee, looking down at the bodies of all the Autobots who had fallen in the battle.

"I'll take care of it," said Tracks."

"Thanks," thanked Arcee. "So, other than treat our injured and count our dead, what do we do now?" asked Arcee.

"I wish I knew, Arcee," said Saberburst. "I wish I knew..."

Location: mountains outside of Autobot City

Out in the mountains, Jetfire and the Aerialbots were going through the wreckage of the Star Talon. Shattered glass, twisted metal, and broken wires were all over the place. Jetfire noticed a huge chunk of faded green armor on the ground with a mangled face attached to it. "This must have been Bulkhead."

"The poor guy," said Fireflight. It just makes me sick to my afterburners that he's dead."

Air Raid replied, "You said it, Fireflight. I can't believe Rodimus is dead, too. Of all people, he had to be one of them."