Chapter Seven: Parting Ways

Planet: Earth

Location: Autobot City, Crown City, Oregon, USA

Date and Time: August 29, 2015, 10:54 AM

The Autobots were shocked by what they had just witnessed. Some giant, mechanical, monstrosity of a planet had just consumed one of the Moonbases without effort, and given that they had just lost contact with Moonbase Two, it was safe to assume that it had been destroyed as well.

"Now what do we do?" asked Cheetor.

Ultra Magnus, at first, wasn't able to answer, as he had never seen anything as monstrous as what he had just seen. "Cheetor? I just don't know," said Magnus.

Tracks was next to ask, "What in Vector Prime's name was that thing? And how was it able to just eat the Moonbases?"

"Why would it do that?" added Grapple. "That's the question."

"Do you think it came from the Decepticons?" wondered Tracks.

"No way," said Grapple. "There's no possible way they could have hidden that."

"Then where in the Pit did it come from?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

"Enough! Both of you!" shouted Magnus, as he slammed his fist into the console, which was enough to silence Tracks and Grapple's argument. "Alright. I'm going to assume that that monstrosity is no Decepticon creation."

"Magnus, are you sure?" asked Windblade. "I mean, Trypticon was created by the Decepticons, and he was powerful enough to wipe out an entire city. Who's to say that the Decepticons didn't create something that can destroy moons?"

"That's true, Windblade," said Perceptor. "But since the final battles of the Great War, Trypticon has been acting as the Decepticons' main warship, the Nemesis, ever since Optimus defeated him in the Battle of Iacon. I doubt that Shockwave could create something as large as a planet. And even if he did, he'd have to have lost his sanity to outright destroy Cybertron."

"Well, it looks like salvaging the city will have to wait," said Ultra Magnus before turning to Firestar. "Do we have any spare shuttles around?"

"Well, there's one called the Vespira in the northeast hangar bay," said Firestar. "And there's the Genesis, which I came on with Mirage, Sunstreaker, Hound, RoughEdge, Prime, and the Dinobots."

"Perfect," said Magnus. "In that case, Autobots, prepare to board the shuttles. Wherever this new threat came from, it's more dangerous than all the Decepticons put together. Somehow, we must destroy it before it devours Cybertron."

"What about my dad?" asked Russell, sounding worried. "What if he and the rest of Moonbase Two got eaten by that thing?"

"Russell, we'll do everything we can for Denny," comforted Magnus.

"And what are we gonna do when we get to Cybertron?" asked Saberburst.

"He's right," agreed Arcee. "If that thing crunches moons, it'll make short work of us."

"I'm not completely sure," said Magnus, "but maybe the Matrix can stop it."

"You're right, it can!" This unexpectedly came from a confident Sideswipe.

"What do you know about it, Sideswipe?" asked Strongarm.

"I'm not sure, Strongarm. But I've just got this feeling I can't put my finger on."