love blossom 1

Avni, was all I was been mentioned about her. Nothing more, nothing less and now we have scarcely few hours to get married to each other. Not that I haven't even met her but our meeting was short and limited with ample amount of words. Hesitations were served along with the cup of tea on that day when I first came to her home. Never mind she had said only those few words on our first meet. And that's when I decided to marry her. That only demand of hers was damn unique just like her.

"I have no issues marrying u. I agreed because dad said that u will permit me to continue my career goals." She said with confident face and persistent eye contact. 'Permit' that word felt awkward when she said that. Whom am I to stop her.

This girl  did no drama's asking my past relationships or my drink preferences. And especially she was the girl with no drama regarding the way she should be loved. She was the exact summary of how a  practical life should be in a parallel universe.

"Is that all u expect in this marriage" I asked to recheck what I heard. Girls do have many more demands than this to their life partners. To have a regular hangout, to love each other as if they make breads with that, to make romantic talks or say act like being the era of shahrukh khan. But she was different. All she wanted was her space. Her space to stand on her own. While girls on her age expect her husband to carry them on their shoulders she wants to stand on her own legs, beside him and not behind him or neither before him.

Being a native of Patiala city and an half Muslim herself his parents chosen her as his bride to name their long lasting friendship into a hitched relationship.

"Take the pinch of vermilion and fill her hairlines" the voice of pandit ji broke my trace of thoughts and I starred at my silent bride. Under the long veil I could still feel her halcyon and pleasant nature. I do still not understand weather she is happy with all this or she is strong enough to not show her unwillingness or weather this marriage mean nothing to her.

"U have no problem with my work nature" I could remember asking her when we met.

"My father was an army man. And this has been normal for us. U serve your purpose and I respect Ur work nature." she said with the same confident. By that time I felt that it was more like taking an interview for the post called 'wife' than as a date with my future partner.

She was this hard always, creating a fake shell around her to show that she is strong. Or am I judging her easy going nature?

And now I took the vermillion from the coin given meanwhile neelamaa, avni's mausi stepped forward to assist me in doing the job successfully. I smiled at her. She was probably the only lady in the whole family who understood how the things were been stuffed upon us. I guess she is the best friend of avni too. Because she easily became mine too in a short span of 2 days.

Then the time came for me to hold the nuptial chain which was been offered after a lot of prayers. I took them and tied around her neck while she neither flinched nor reacted to the emotional phase of every girl's life. So I thought that emotional phase may appear during bidaai. But I was wrong over there also.

"Ab vivah samparn hua. Ab sae aap dono pati patni hai." Finally the pandit said the most awaited dialogue of the day and every lip made a silent prayer for finally making the things happen without any hurdles. As if we played gold's for India.

Little did they know that it's just a beginning?

Loads of customs followed along with the bidaai of the bride. And not to be shocked will be a lie for me when avni smiled as she hugged her mom and dad giving a final farewell to her family while her parents including her father who was from a hardcore military hearted man wept. And adding more strangeness was neelamaa equally smiling at avni as she smiled at her. She placed her hands on our cheeks as she smiled and so did avni. We hugged her.

"Find your solace with each other and let Ur journey of love begin soon" she whispered on our ears while avni looked at me simultaneously as I did while still hugging her.

I got one thing clear there. She is not going to be that typical emotional personality. And her, this nature attracted more to her character.

Finally escaping with the remaining customs I finally headed back to my room in a happiness of getting some sleep. Only after seeing the flowers spread on every possible space of my room I realized yet again that I am no more alone here. Avni was sitting on the bed exactly how the ladies of the house must have left her to stay. Not understanding what to say I sat on one corner of the bed. Her long veil was covering her face well while her hands held together encircling her folded knees. She was still on her wedding attire while I have changed to kurta long back.

" you can remove that" I suggested her not understanding how long she is goanna stay with that on her face as I was feeling hard to speak with that upon her. Feeling like I was more speaking to her lehenga.

She immediately did as I asked her to. I looked at her expecting her to speak anything but she loved her silence more.

"I really don't know what is in your mind" I spoke out loud and that earned her glance on me. At least she ventured to see me once.

"What u need to know" she spoke finally. But still that was more like a silly question. I don't know anything damn about her and she is asking what I should know.

"Everything about u" I exclaimed expressing my surprised shocking reaction to her question. She acknowledged my reactions and nodded her head a little. Does she really understand every single things happening or she is just pretending to be.

"You will get to know when time comes" was all she spoke. I opened my mouth to say something but remained silent as the words fall off. Because I exactly didn't know what her so called time comes mean. Neither I was active enough to continue the conversation.

"Then obviously we need time" I said as I stood up to move to the couch.

"Where are u leaving" she asked immediately seeing me leaving with the pillow.

"To couch. Obviously we need time with our own space." I tried pretty not to sound desperate stressing her need time much more than necessary.

"You can sleep here if Ur ok with that" she said as she pulled out another pillow and placing it exactly in the center of the bed. And even today I couldn't believe that that night we slept in the same bed, along with the pillows between us.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't have any idea whether this is an os or ts or an ff. So let the chapters unfold because i have many things to say here.

once again this is goanna take a long time to update and I kindly request u guys to not request me with words like update soon. 

"I thought of giving an valentine gift to you guys by starting this ff." that's the main reason for publishing it this early. I actually planned to update only after completing the story but it's not written due to lack of time.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY my dear extended family and alvida for my dear @Mansigupta22  as she is leaving wattpad for few days for her exams. All the best for u manu.

much love,

prinku