love blossom 13

"Avni! Fetch me some water please" Neil said with teasing glance. Don't know what went wrong with him. From the day in the hospital he was behaving strange with me. Strange enough to make me conscious in front of everyone by gesturing all sort of manic actions.

The whole family is present in the house now.  As soon as everyone came to know about the accident they rushed to be here besides him. Eventually he has got leave for 3 months to take rest. All helped him together to make that goofy grin like a mad manic whenever I caught him staring at me.

I glared at him as he was sitting in sofa besides Bebe with his extended leg. I was sitting opposite to them in the dining table along with swetha aunty and Ayesha maa helping them with the vegetables. I could even notice neelamaa and Neil sharing teasing glances which fumed me.

Bebe has already noticed me once glaring at Neil and Before Bebe could notice again I stood up to fetch the water. Not that he is maintaining the proximity in front of the family as enacted by us, but he is overreacting with the foolish grin stricken face.

"Stop it" I whispered as I holded the glass near his lips. He got sprain over his wrist of the right hand which demands some physiotherapy and rest. But it was not that serious that he can't eat or drink on his own. Still he has become such a demanding puckish ever since the holiday was been announced, that I was been forced to feed him every time. And he has took advantage over it and started to demand something or other every 30 minutes. All this time the smirk on his face was getting brighten at every passing second.

"Anything else" I was glaring now annoyed with his witty face while he just nodded a simple no.

###################

"avni puthar, yeh tumko bahut pareshaan kar rha hai naa?" I heard bebe's voice behind while I was setting the dining table.

Startling I turned back only to see her smiling at me. "nhi bebe, aisa kuch nhi hai" I replied with a promising smile. Neil has done a lot to me that I have no grievances to help him back. It's just that I am little nervous with his naughty smirks.

"I am watching it. The way he is disturbing you every minute. But trust me beta, all I could see was his mischievous love" the word love ruffled my unwavering emotions which I couldn't describe off and I wasn't able to express it. "Neela ne mujhe bataya k teri jaan hi nikal gyi thi neil k baare me sunkar" bebe's words stirred my memory lines about the day which I can never forget about. The day my emotions overtook me.

The day I realized that we share something more than a mere relationship status. And somewhere deep inside me it's the day when all my emotions build up a firm wall to protect myself from another heartbreak.

"Kya hua puttar!" bebe's voice pulled me back to the reality. No matter what, I feel worst today for faking my relationship equation with Neil. I feel bad each time when I look into their trustful eyes.

"Bebe sits naa! Foods is ready" swetha aunty interrupted our conversation which made me escape from bebe's shooting questions. But her experienced eyes gave me an unknown look which I couldn't decode.

"Let me get Neil's food" I mumbled as I took the plate to fill the food. Ayesha maa smiled at me while I felt void of emotions. I stepped towards the balcony where I saw Neil going few minutes before.

As I entered balcony I could see Neil's stern face as neelamaa was explaining something to him. I didn't understand the seriousness of the issue and hence stepped towards them with the food tray. Seeing me coming I felt them changing the topic which increased my doubt.

"What were you guys discussing about" I couldn't help myself from asking while Neil just shrugged with my questions. "Baat kya hai" I asked again this time to neelamaa not expecting anything from Neil at least. I could feel her little tensed as if trying hard to hide me something.

"Swetha ji is calling me" neelamaa made a quick excuse and left the place in a swift. Even after knowing that no one called her I let her go. Because dealing Neil is much important now.

"You stole my maa from me" I sounded like a sober but I was equally irked with their teasing glances.

"You also stole my mom, Bebe and dad. Did I complain" I could feel Neil's tone challenging as if he was born to argue with me.

"No, but still I know what you guys were discussing about" I spat back knowing exactly that they were been making fun of me.

"Trust me avni. You are not that bright to know that" his naughty fussing reaction provoked me.

"Are you questioning my IQ" I asked now totally irritated.

"Naah! It's just that you get to grasp things little late." he managed to suppress his laughter after being generous enough to initiate a one.

"That's it. I am done. Here, feed yourself" I handed the plate to Neil as I was equally pissed off with his reactions. "Aree, avni sorry" he responded too soon holding my hands blocking my way.

"At one hand you are making drama that you are hurt so that the court will approve your encounter operation and release your team from guilt. And here I am helping you from the whole family who out there is still believing that you are hurt while only I know that these are just minute injury due to some knife scratches. After all these things what do you do, make fun of me! Haina!" I fumbled with frustration while Neil was hushing me all the time.

"Sorry naa wifey. Gussa mat ho" he pleaded and I know what is coming now. His puppy face was immediately thrown covering his not so saint face trying to melt down the burning anger inside me.

How could he get away every time like this? Only I know what it felt when they announced that he was in a serious condition. The urge to see him made me blind from all other possibilities. It was like breathing after a long choke when he said that he has only some minor hurts and is playing games in front of media so that they can justify the encounter that has taken place as they had no evidences to prove the assaults guilt's.

"Sorry" he said once again pushing the plate in my hands while all I could do was to take those and start feeding him. 

******************

much love,

prinku