love blossom 16

"My mom was not with me when I was young. Neelamaa was the one who raised me" avni sighed as she was lying on Neil's chest hugging his waist. Neil wiped her tears still holding her waist tightly.

"Neelamaa was the one who breastfeed me" avni said slowly sniffing away her tears. "She was the one who witnessed my first words, the one to hold me at my first fall, the one who cried on my first day to school, the one who was there in my sick and kin, the one who was my mother, father and my world when my own parents abandoned me." avni trembled as she remembered the past. But smile became inevitable as she remembered the happy moments she spent with her maa, Neelamaa.

"She was a single proud mother of a 5 month old son when Ayesha maa left me to her. Yes, she didn't give birth to me but she loved me as much as she loved her own son." Avni smiled tilting her neck and looking at her teary eyed husband. The confession did affect Neil's feelings too. His respect for neelamaa just increased after knowing her selfless love towards avni.

"You know what; woh poora toot chuki thi jab uski 10 saal ki choti bachi ko cheen liya tha uske ghar waloon ne, lekin uski ummed tab tooti jab uske bete ne bhi uska saath chod diya apne aap ko kaamyab banane ko" his face dropped as he faced the reality of that smiling face. He understood the pain in avni's eyes as she was reveling her past. More than that he felt it was reliable, for avni not being attached to her biological parents. It was them who left her at young and collected her back when they were ready. Wonder which child would accept that.

"Tum bhi mere bete jaisae hi ho" Neil remembered neelamaa's words and he now understood what he meant for her in those words.

"What a wonder women your mom is" Neil said with a proud smile while avni nodded in affirmation.

"So she is" avni smiled looking at his stubble as she was still leaning on him. "Unlike ayesha maa who was a coward." Her smile vanished as soon as she mentioned Ayesha maa and Neil got upset seeing her like that.

"Ayesha maa" Neil said hopelessly while avni was observing his facial expression.

"Don't dare to take her side. I don't want you to start with it was not her fault she was suffering from postpartum depression and all." Avni couldn't continue as Neil hushed her.

"No avni, I am not taking her side." Neil said in a low voice as his eyes were fixed on nothing particular. "You need to decide as till when you are going to let the past affect you." Getting no response from her Neil continued. "Well, everyone would be worried for us. Let's go down." Meanwhile with zero reactions he found her silently breaking the hug and standing up to go which made him frown as he missed her warmth as soon as she left. But before she could move away Neil grabbed her hand still sitting.

"You can't hide the truth that you love me. No matter how hard you are going to try to do so. You would end up failing miserably." He spoke having no control with his words and left her hands while she turned to look at him. Neil smirked as he bit his lower lips mischievously while avni tried to act cool. No matter Neil found himself a despo while doing so but he couldn't help himself.

"In your dreams" avni replied to Neil's gesture for a kiss. But Neil acted faster enough to get up and pull her towards him in a swift. In seconds avni found herself in his arms grabbed tightly to fix the stubborn girl in her place.

"I don't think I was dreaming in the hospital bed" Neil's smirk caught avni off guard making her shiver as she feared for this topic to evade anytime soon. Seeing her struggling with the topic Neil left her. "I don't want to force you to think about us. I just want you to give it a chance. A chance for what you are feeling for me. Don't you think I deserve that?" Neil's husky plea made avni go all crimson red. She tried hard to control her blush by biting her inner cheeks. She nodded slowly looking literally anywhere than Neil's face in a fear that Neil would read his inner thoughts.

"Are you saying yes" Neil asked hopelessly as avni widen her eyes in surprise. "I..i...s..s...said nothing" was all she could manage to say before running away from the place. "Careful avni" Neil voiced behind her as she was climbing down the steps faster. Neil ruffled his hairs recalling her shy nod.

Sometimes some past might be painful. But they are eventually beneficial. Like if not those, how would we have learnt to be strong!

So yes, how was the update!

After a long time, I hope you guys enjoyed it.

I hope I didn't justification to avni's past. Not having much knowledge about postpartum depression I just stick up with the fact provided by goggle baba. Correct me if any!

Signing off with no probable promise of when the next update might be!! (I Hope I am forgiven)

Much love,

Prinku!