love blossom 14

Happy reading!

Not proof read!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The car halted at the hospital and avni got down from the driver's seat and soon Neil joined him towards the reception.

"Mrs. Suneri" Neil asked the receptionist while she went through her computer checklist. "Room number 142, second floor" the receptionist while the couple were confused.

"Excuse me, room number! But she was admitted for labor right" avni interrupted as it was just an hour before they got a call about suneri's water break.

"Yes mam, but the update says that she has delivered and shifted" the receptionist replied with a smile while it was beyond astonishment for them.

"Don't you think labor goes for hours" Neil mumbled while avni was too much occupied to think anything.

"Let's first check in" avni mumbled as they took the lift to head to second floor.

A knock at the door and DD opened it with a wide smile while avneil sighed in relief.

"Congrats bhai" Neil hugged while avni entered in, to look at suneri.

"It just happened in ambulance itself" sunehri mumbled with happy tears as avni sat in the stool besides her. She took her hand and holded it in a gesture of saying I am happy for you.

"Where is 'she'" Neil asked excited as he checked the room to find the trace of the little one. It was always Neil's fascination to have a girl child and he wished the same for the couples.

"It's a 'he' Neil!" suneri replied chuckling at his worn out face. "Kya" he tried to hide the disappointment while DD patted his shoulders consoling.

"Anyways the baby is healthy right." avni asked rubbing off her tears with a broad smile.

"He is doing well" DD replied and before he could continue the door knob clicked in and nurse entered the room with a wrapped towel. Avni's smile faded away as she remembered her unpicturised imaginary past. She tried her best to not compare herself with the baby but failed utterly as she remembered her dadi's words.

"You were nothing more than a mistake for your mother" the words her dadi would use on her whenever she doesn't find her pleasing. And unfortunately it's always she finds her not pleasing. Avni was startled as her words were on loop over her head.

Meanwhile Neil wasn't able to understand her pale face as she was clearly upset. But for what was something he didn't know about.

But his chains of thoughts were no longer extending after hearing a small cry. He turned around to see a happy father cradling his little world in his arms trying so to pacify his son. He better knows baby demands mother's presence most. But to Neil's surprise the baby stopped his wail as soon as he heard his father's voice.

"Thank god, the late night talks didn't turn all vain. He responds me" DD made a happy chuckle which made everyone emotional over there.

As if something were all clear for avni she smiled wholeheartedly to the father son duo.

"I so want to hold him but" Neil stopped looking at his banded wrist with a disappointed face.

"Koi baat nahi avni sit on the sofa" sunehri instructed which made everyone turn around surprised.

Not having any point to argue with the tired newborn mom. "Now neil sit beside her" Neil did as sunehri said.

"And avni cradle your arms and Neil back support her" she finished while Neil back hugged avni with holding her arms above his.

"Now DD" no more instructions were needed for DD to understand what sunehri was upto. He placed the baby on their arms while avni stiffened herself surprised as she felt a soft weight over her arms. The baby immediately found the change in place and started weeping. Not for much time as Neil guided avni's arms closer to her and cooed softly consoling. Avni could do nothing but to observe the tiny little bundle on her arms with Neil sitting beside her guiding her to hold him and pacify him.

"How handsome you are" Neil exclaimed caressing his cheeks with his right little finger which is free from the band aid.

A lone tear escaped avni's cheeks as she pressed her lips closer utterly failing to control her emotions. Giving up she leaned her body on his back making him grip her left arm around the baby and holding her tighter.

It was emotional for her. Emotional at least for a girl who always believed that she someday she might accidentally become like her mother.

And today when all these things happening around her are proving her thoughts to be wrong, she could do nothing to her weeping heart. It's all emotional for her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

much love,

prinku