chapter 8

"Cookies?" she asks me by opening the door to the shelf
"Sure"

We both sit at the table and start having breakfast, while I can't stop smiling. It seems trivial but she makes me so happy that I can't even describe what I feel.

"Lily, do you want to tell me why you're so drunk?" I could hear the tone of her voice suddenly becoming serious
"I was alone" I say, drinking a little milk
"You know after school when you wanted to talk to me? I went to lunch with Tyler but I couldn't feel comfortable so I decided to go home but my parents, indeed my mother, got angry, 'so you always have to be antisocial, you have finally someone to go out with', she starts screaming at me and I felt so helpless that I didn't know what to do "

I keep looking down at the whole conversation

"I wanted to call you in reality, you were the first person that came to mind but then I remembered that we had a fight so I decided to get drunk" I finish my speech with a little melancholy about me.
"Lily I don't do it anymore? At most if you want to call me that I come too" instinctively we both burst out laughing
"I missed you," I say smiling
"You don't know how much"

The morning passed like this, between laughter, lightheartedness but above all between affection. I was so spontaneous to approach and hold it back to me, maybe when I wasn't too embarrassed I also left some kisses on her cheek.

It was all natural

I felt good with her.

"I don't want to leave," I say as I play with a few strands of her blonde hair
"I know Lil, but you have to," she says sadly
"Aren't we going to the course today?" I say
"I have already warned of my absence, I don't think anyone will go", nods carefree
"Oh, okay"

I was fine with her. Really good

"Can I ask you something?" she says breaking that beautiful silence
"Sure"
"Are you engaged?... what's his name, are you engaged?" I can't explain what it was, but I've never seen her in trouble before.
"Tyler?"
She nods
"Oh no, for now I prefer to go out," I say, following every line of her face.

I try to understand what she was thinking, but I can't, the only thing I see is her eyes that suddenly become more intense and small.

"And you?"
"If I'm engaged?" she asks me laughing
"Nobody would take me," she continues puffing
"Well, I don't think so, you're beautiful, Sarah." Suddenly I see her face amazed to turn towards me.
"Unfortunately, the person I like doesn't come back, so"

What? Sarah was in love?

Immediately a sense of jealousy runs through my body, why has it happened to me? I feel the body burn as much as I was jealous, every fiber burned. I don't know what it was but I wanted to get up and break something ... I felt like she was, in a sense, mine.

I have no idea, but just the thought of her with someone else while kissing or doing anything else sends me literally out of my mind.

"So it means that that person is stupid, she doesn't know what she's losing," I say smiling in the sweetest way I had.
"Lily, it's three o'clock, I'll take you home, tomorrow, there's school, don't you have to do your homework?" Suddenly she gets up from the sofa and goes to the coat rack where she begins to put on her jacket.
"I don't want Sarah, I want to be here ... with you" I try to convince her but she is a tough head, I don't think she will change her mind.