Chapter 4

Draco's  POV
   I sat for 45 minutes at my table until finally accepting that Harry was not coming. Again. It's so weird. I haven't even done anything to him, and he seems perfectly fine when I see him. I want to make a truce with him so we're not just hating each other for the rest of our lives.(if I told that to Pansy she would just tell me that it's just because I like him, which is true) As I walk to the dungeons, I hear sounds from Myrtle's bathroom. I walk back and realize that it's people talking. I can't really hear the voices though.
"-everything is just so stressful"
"I know you're sad and all, but I don't really think you should do this, being dead is not all that great."
I recognize one of the voices as Myrtle, and the other one I can kind of tell. It actually sounds like Harry. 'Huh? Why would Harry be here?' I think to myself. I decide to step inside slowly and carefully. "Hello? Who's there?" I demand/ask. I hear the voices stop and items scurrying around. I step inside. I see Harry picking up a little box and some items. He looks up at me and is surprised. He drops some of the things he was holding and set the box down carefully. "Malfoy? What are you doing here?" Harry asked. "What am I doing here? What are you doing here? You've been gone for forever!" I

say. "Why do you even care Malfoy?" He asks. I feel a slight blush creeping on my cheeks. "I-I don't I just notice." I quickly lie. "Whatever." Harry says, "What do you want?" "I want to make a truce. We've been hating each other for so long and I think we should be friends." I say.  He looks at me. "Malfoy if this is another one of your pranks..." "It's not!" I say " I want us to genuinely be friends." "Ok." Harry shrugged "I guess." Harry quickly packed up his things. "Well.. bye then" Harry says. "Bye."

   When I get to the common room I relax on an armchair. A few minutes later Blaise comes in. "Hey is Pansy with you?" I ask. "No she went to bed early. Why?" "Oh just wondering." I reply. "Sure. 'Just wondering'. Seems sketchy to me." Blaise said. I shrugged. "I'm going up to sleep. You want to come?" He asked. "No I'm going to stay here for a little bit." I said. "Ok." Blaise went upstairs. I stare at the fire as the flames danced. Why was Harry in that bathroom? Was he talking to Myrtle? A bunch of questions ran through Draco's head. But there was one question that stayed in his head as he went upstairs and lay in bed. What was in the little box?