Chapter 9

Hermione's POV
      I drag Ron around the castle looking for Pansy. I finally find her outside the Great Hall. "Hey Hermione." Pansy says. "Hey." I reply "Do you know where Draco is?" "I saw him running back to the dungeons." Pansy says. "Well can you take us there?" I ask. "Yeah let's go." She replies. "Wait you two are friends?" Ron asks. "Ron please don't ask me about it right now." I say. We get to the dungeons and see Draco crying on a chair. "Draco. Draco." Pansy shakes him. "It's ok. They believe you." He looks up. I go over to him. "Do you know how many cuts there were?" I ask. "No but there were a lot. Like his arm was so red." Draco says. I sit down on a chair and bury my face in my hands. Why hadn't Harry told us? It's probably so much worse now that there's so many. "We have to confront Harry." I say. "I can't." Draco says. "I don't want to face him again." "Draco you should go." Pansy says "Don't you love him?" "I just can't ." Draco says. "Ok. I can go with Ron and Pansy can stay with Draco." I say. Pansy nods her head. We leave the dungeons and search the castle. We search for nearly an hour. Where is he? We finally find him exiting the portrait hole. "Hey guys." Harry says. I look at Ron. "Harry are you ok?" I ask. He looks confused. "What do you mean?" Harry asks. "Well you're always so distant and stuff." Ron said. "I'm fine." He says. There's a long silence after that. I sigh. "Harry can we see your arm?" I ask. Harry looks panicked and tries to casually hide his arm behind his back. "Why?" Harry asks. "Just let us see your arm Harry." Ron says. "I don't want to." Harry says. Ron grabs Harry's arm and pulls up the sleeve. Harry winces. There are so many cuts on his arm. He pulls back his arm. "Harry-" I start to say. "I can't-I-uh have to go." Harry says quickly and runs off. I run after him. "Hermione no!" I hear Ron call after me.
Harry's POV
I run but I can hear Hermione behind me. I turn the corner quickly and hide in a broom closet. Hermione's footsteps are right outside the door. She's there for 30 seconds before running in the other direction. I sigh. 'They know now. I can't be with them. They're going to think I'm a freak.' I thought. I sit in there crying the rest of the day. At 8:00pm, I head up to Griffindor tower and fall on my bed. I really don't want to face anyone right now. Not after what happened.