Chapter 8: Initiation

( Picture is the mark of the murderer. The circle with the knife in it) 

Morgan's Pov

Shelby looked at my sister and me weirdly as we sat there for a while in silence. 

"Who is she?" She asked. I looked at Shelby and I sighed while clapping twice making my sister jump at the sudden noise I had made.

"Introductions. Shelby, this is my sister Layla. Layla, this is Shelby." I said. Shelby nodded and my sister just waved slightly. We looked up as the speakers went off saying that we had to go to the Lunchroom immediately. I knew exactly what was coming. Shelby stood up as well as my sister and I led the way carefully. When we got to the lunchroom it was pitch black and I sighed. 

"You know, You guys are really Cliche for a criminal group. A pitch-black room? Really? let's just get initiation over with." I said bored. Shelby looked at me like I was psycho. I'm not surprised I kinda felt like one right now.

Suddenly, things were wrapped around my eyes restricting my sight and I felt hands roughly guide me to a spot and I heard my sister laugh slightly as they wrapped her eyes up and then Shelby squeaked. They both growled when they were moved to me and I heard the sound of yells and things hitting the wood and I sighed. I heard Agatha's voice over a megaphone suddenly. 

"These 3 new initiates. Morgan, Shelby, And Layla are going to be joining us permanently. It's time to begin initiation." She said and the room erupted in screams and Shelby whimpered and suddenly they commanded me to kneel and take my shirt off and Shelby paled and I sighed. 

"Shelby breathe. it's not what you think." I told her as I carefully took off my shirt despite the ropes bounding my wrists together, which was nearly impossible but I managed. I heard the sound of flames and both my sister and Shelby went silent. I cursed under my breath. I heard someone walking over with big boots and I heard sizzling near my ear and then It went pure silent. 

It was silent for a good 5 minutes before abruptly they put a burning metal tool on my back as well as my sister's and Shelby's back making all three of us scream. I felt my skin burn and sizzle slowly and then the object was lifted and my back throbbed. 

"They have been branded!" Agatha screamed into the megaphone and the room erupted yet again with applause. I heard Shelby's cries next to me and my sister's growling at everyone in the room as if they could hear her. 

~~~

It was lunch but while my sister went out I was with Shelby who was in pain and crying so much she was throwing up. I had my hand on her shoulder comforting her when I heard knocking on the bathroom door and I looked seeing Josh.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He looked at me with a look that was confused and frustrated. 

"I was just checking in on you. Is that so wrong to do?" He asked. I sighed. 

"I suppose not. I'm just taking care of Shelby she's not doing the best." I said stating the obvious making Josh scoff. I sent him a death glare and he returned the look. 

"Look, if you don't want me checking in on you I can leave right now and not come back." He growled and I looked at him debating if that was a good enough offer and Shelby gagged again making me turn my attention back to her. 

"Shelby breathe. Take deep breaths." I said and Shelby yelled abruptly. 

"I am trying! Can't you see that I'm trying!? I am breathing and I can't help but be sick anyway because I am in a criminal ship and I've been practically tattoed! My parents are going to kill me!" She yelled and she gagged again. 

"Shelby. That is not what we should be worrying about right now. We have to focus on what we do now." I said. Shelby whimpered and I looked at Josh to ask him to get something but he was already walking out the room away. I sighed. "Well shit."

"He left? Why didn't you stop him? Considering you have a huge freaking crush on the guy and he brought us to a criminal ship and then caused this shit to happen!" She yelled and I looked at her. 

"I never..." I began but Shelby interrupted.

"You didn't have to bring me in with you, but you know what you did?! You brought me with! I'm done, Morgan! I'm so freaking done!" She yelled. I looked at and sighed. 

"Shelby. You have to stay." I said calmly trying not to lose my cool.

"No, I don't! You aren't my mother!" She screamed and she gagged again. Right as she began throwing up Josh walked back into the room and he knocked again.

"I got anti-Nausea meds." He said. I looked at him shocked for a moment and then I relaxed and smiled gently motioning for him to come in and he handed me the meds. 

"Thank you," I said. He gave no response as I carefully helped Shelby take the medicine.