Chapter 24: Battle

Morgan's Pov

I watched as Josh had gone to fight Agatha. His proud and strong steps echoed as he walked over to her. Donovan tried to drag me away from him but I kept fighting against him. I turned around smacking him in the face hard.

"Get Shelby out of here now! I don't matter just go!" I yelled and Donovan looked at me unsure before Shelby looked at him.

"Just go. This place is being bombed. We need to just go." She said. She stayed close to him and she looked at me. "Morgan. Stay safe." She said and I nodded.

"I will," I yelled. Another explosive was dropped by us sending all three of us flying to the front yard. "Go! Ignore me and just go!" I yelled. Donovan didn't hesitate. He grabbed Shelby and ran. I turned to watch Josh in case I needed to intervene. Agatha smirked.

"Joshua. Good to see you again," she said. Josh growled at her. 

"Shut up you bitch." He said. He went to punch her but in reality, he was preparing to kick her. He went for the punch and Agatha went to block him but when she grabbed his fist he went down and kicked her legs out from under her and then slammed her behind him but Agatha got ready again fast as she stood up and she growled. 

"I shouldn't have spared your pathetic life." She said grabbing his wrist and going to snap it. That was when I took action jumping on her back making her let go due to surprise. 

"You won't hurt him!" I yelled. She laughed as she jumped backward landing on top of me as she slammed me into the ground and I yelped as Josh grabbed her off me throwing her to the ground and they began fist fighting. It all went so fast and I was in so much pain I couldn't tell what was going on. That was until Agatha pulled a knife and slammed it into Josh's side and I felt the entire world just fall on me. Josh gasped and blood dripped out of his mouth as he stumbled backward.

I let out a scream as Josh fell trying to crawl away and I went over to him holding the wound gently and he made groaning noises in his throat. Agatha laughed.

"It's funny. I was the one who sank the cruise ship. The broken valve. I had broken it trying to kill you both. Layla, Shelby, and then finally you Morgan. But you were just too stubborn. You didn't die as I wanted.

"You're crazy," I growled looking at her while holding Josh's hand tightly as he squirmed in pain. Agatha burst out laughing like a psycho. It was high pitched and she shook as she laughed. 

"M-Morgan Go. Leave." He said quietly cupping my face with his hand gently. I shook my head looking at him. 

"No way in hell am I gonna leave you," I said. He looked at me and he smiled gently. 

"I know. That's unless I force you. Morgan. Go. Please." He said. I looked at Agatha and I glared at her as I placed Josh's hand on his wound and I walked over to Agatha. She smirked.

"come back for more?" She asked. Without hesitation, I slammed my foot into hers and she yelped in pain so I lifted my knee into her face breaking her nose and she stumbled back holding it.

"You little piece of shit. Nobody hurts Josh. Nobody!" I screamed and I ran forward kicking her legs out from under her. She almost fell until she caught me and dragged me down using me as her safeguard as she fell. I growled slamming my fist into her face and she cursed loudly and she began punching me multiple times in the face. I grabbed her hands and she stopped. I looked up and I smirked as I shoved her off me and then scooted back as Agatha stood up.

"I'm going to kill you!" She screamed and she ran forward when a bomb fell right on top of her exploding her and knocking me back several feet closer back to Josh. I gasped in pain and I held my side that was slightly bleeding. I knew I broke a few ribs. I looked at Josh seeing him just barely awake.

"Josh. Josh stay with me." I said crawling over to him.

"I told you...to go." He said just above a whisper. I nodded. 

"I know, but I thought you knew I was a rebel. I don't follow rules." I smiled gently and he closed his eyes gently and I paled. "Hey. Stay with me. Come on. Stay awake Josh." I said quickly gently patting his cheeks trying to keep him awake. His hand fell from his wound and I quickly replaced his hand with mine holding it gently.

"I need help! Now!" I screamed. I lifted his head gently and set it in my lap and I ran my fingers through his hair as tears streamed down my face. I began sobbing as it felt like the entire world just stopped. The world crushed me down with its weight. I saw some people around me trying to grab him away to help him but I went into shock and I wasn't able to stop them from taking him as I saw someone wrap a blanket around me as they checked Josh for further injuries. 

Everything was a blur after that. I can't remember anything really. I know I was moved to a building Insurgent Chaos was using yet again. I was sat down on a chair next to a bed I knew Josh was in but that's about it. 

It was silent. We weren't a hospital so we didn't have a heart monitor beeping all the time. Although if we did, I don't think I would've noticed. Someone came in to try and feed me. I don't know who but they came in limping. Their leg was injured. They tried to help me drink something but I refused to cooperate. Josh was way more important than me. 

Eventually I had somehow fallen asleep without even realizing it, but I think it was more of a black-out.