Chapter 23: Promise

Morgan's Pov

I had woken up before everyone else in the house. I went to the fridge opening it up and I saw the food that would require baking. Eggs, bread, bacon, and hash browns.

"You do not want my baking. Nope." I said quickly shutting the fridge and sighing. I was the worst at cooking. Last time I had tried to make eggs, they got stuck to the pan. They were for my dog and even he smelled it and backed up. You know it's bad when your dog won't eat it. Before that, I tried to make an omelet and it became scrambled eggs. Don't let me cook. 

I walked out into the backyard looking at the sky as the sun rose and I smiled gently watching it. But not staring into the sun because I don't want to go blind. 

"You're up early." I heard from behind me making me jump and turn around seeing Josh and I smiled gently. 

"I woke up early, and I can't cook," I said laughing a bit and Josh came over beside me and we both sat down gently on the grass watching the sky. Eventually, the sky turned blue and I looked over at Josh who was looking at me. "Do I have something on my face?"

I quickly tried wiping my face with my hand as if there was something on my face while Josh just chuckled and shook his head. I gave him a confused look and he gently grabbed my chin making me look at him and he gently kissed my cheek making me turn bright red. He stood up carefully while helping me up while I was still bright red. 

"When do we start training?" I asked quietly still in slight shock and flustered. That was when Josh quickly kicked my legs out from under me knocking me over.

"You got distracted. Keep your mind straight and you'll be fine." He said and I stood up and he tried again but this time I took a step back and grabbed his leg so he got stuck on the ground and he smirked grabbing my arms and flipping me over him so I landed on my back behind him and I yelped. "You left an easy opening. I could've taken several approaches." 

I growled and looked at him and I stood up as he let go and He tried yet again to kick my legs out from under me but this time I jumped back, spun, and kicked his leg knocking him over and rolled him a bit until he regained his composure and he growled. He ran at me at full speed while I carefully moved my legs and when he got close enough I moved my leg in a way that managed to let me kick him in the chin and he winced as I grabbed his shoulders spinning a bit and following his move by flipping him behind me and into the ground.

"How about now?" I asked with a smirk and he groaned in pain.

"Well. You learn fast. I'll give you that." He said sitting up slowly and he shook a bit from the throbbing pains shooting through his back. 

"Need me to get you any ice packs or something?" I asked but he shook his head with a small smile.

"I'll be alright. I promise." He said when I put my hand out and had my pinkie up. He looked at it confused for a moment until he burst out laughing and he grabbed my pinkie with his. I smiled like a dork until I laughed with him.  We were such children sometimes. 

~~~
It was almost night time. Josh and I were sitting in the kitchen just waiting for everyone to head to bed because this room was loud. Donovan was arguing with some girl with long red hair that was curled at the end. I didn't know her name, nor did I care. She pushed Donovan away and he slammed his fist into her face knocking her over. Which in turn started a riot and I got the hell out of there fast. 

I ran to Shelby's room and I opened her door to see her sitting up shaking. I looked over at her shocked and she shared the same look. 

"Morgan? Where are we?" She asked. I ran over to her wrapping my arms around her.

"You got shot. We had a doctor take care of your leg here. It's safe." I said and she nodded gently.

"Thank god." She said. She tried to stand but I grabbed her shoulders gently stopping her. 

"Shelby. Shelby, no you're hurt." I said. That was when I heard the sound of planes nearing from a distance. I looked at the window that was in Shelby's room. I let go of Shelby but she didn't struggle because she heard it too.

"What the hell?" I said opening the window and right when I did something landed in the backyard and it exploded practically blinding me and I was blasted back. My back made contact with the wall and I yelped in pain and Shelby somehow managed to get next to me even with the gauze around her leg. 

"Morgan! Come on! I need help up here!" She yelled and she tried to help me up but I just grabbed the wall and stood as Josh sprinted up as well as Donovan. 

"We're under attack," Josh said calmly helping me and Donovan picked up Shelby abruptly and she squeaked. Josh wrapped my arm around his shoulders helping me downstairs and I could feel the ground shaking from whatever was being dropped. 

"Agatha?" I asked. I didn't need an answer. We all already knew. Shelby was bright red while Donovan carried her and Josh got us outside where I saw Agatha walked up to the sidewalk to us and I growled gently pushing Josh away. "You son of a bitch!" I yelled and Agatha laughed watching me stumble due to my injured back. I growled demonically and Josh grabbed me pulling me back and he shook his head.

"I got this. I know her moves better then you do." He said and he pushed me gently over to Donovan. 

"Josh!" I yelled and I grabbed his arm right before he got out of reach and I slammed my lips onto his kissing him roughly not wanting him to leave and he didn't seem to mind it as I had to be the one who pulled away. He smiled gently.

"I'll be back." He grabbed my pinkie gently wrapping his around it and then he kissed mine. "Promise."