0.1

There wasn't much planned for today.

But of course knowing the type of friend I have, he'll drag me somewhere.

He knows I work a lot and always makes sure I enjoy myself before I rot and aren't able to do anything. Yeah, he said it just like that.

I should be thankful though, I am. He's a great friend. The places he picks to hang out aren't so bad either.

I was kicked out of the club Spencer invited me to for absolutely no reason.

Alright, maybe they had a reason but Spencer isn't aware.

"Wait, my friend is inside, you asshole!" I said and pushed the bouncer. "Spencer! Spence!"

"Leave or I'm calling the police." He said and I glared at him.

"I did nothing wrong!"

"You caused a fight in there." He argued.

"Oh, boo hoo! How many people don't fight!" I said and nearly fell. I drank a bit. "That guy was asking for it, seriously, he said, hit me, so I did!"

"Whatever, just go."

I wanted to check the time on my phone but it was dead.

"Okay, just tell me the time?" I said and the bouncer checked his phone.

"1:55am." He said and I gulped.

"Oh fuck, that's late." I chuckled and waved him off as I walked ahead.

I can't call Spencer since my phone is dead and I can't call a cab either. I'll walk. Maybe. If I remember where my place is.

My stomach growled and I sighed. Now I'm hungry.

I looked around the place and found a coffee shop that was open. I crossed the street and a car honked at me. "I'm crossing here!" I said and they honked some more. I stayed in the street a bit longer before moving and flipping them off. The car kept going.

I went up to the door and saw a guy inside. Only him. The lights were dimmed. It might be closed but the sign says it's open.

I pulled the door and it didn't open. I pushed it and it opened.

I heard a bell on top and groaned. Oh, noises. The guy turned around and looked at me. "Oh, we're closed." He said and I raised my brow. "Your sign says it's open." I said and sat down at a table.

"I just forgot to flip it but we're closed." He said and flipped the sign. "I'm already here and I'm starving. Come on, man. Have a heart."

"You're also drunk, do you even have money?" He asked and I rubbed my eyes.

"I'm not that drunk. Listen, where are your menus?"

"We're closed!"

I looked at him and he seemed uneasy. "How is a pretty boy like you so stressed?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Just get out, please." He said and I stood up.

"Fine," I said and looked at his name tag. "Brendon, I'll be stopping by tomorrow morning for breakfast." I said and he nodded.

"I'll look forward to that but go, I'm in a hurry." He said.

I turned to face him and smiled. "Don't be so stressed, just take deep breaths and maybe a hot bath will help."

"You're a drunk in a coffee shop, not my therapist."

"I've been to many therapists to know what I'm talking about." I chuckled and he opened the door for me.

"I might consider that." He said just to get me out and I stopped him from closing the door.

"Wait, my phone is dead and I was kicked out of the club across the street. My friend is still in there but he doesn't know I was kicked out so can I use your phone?"

"There's public phones around." He said and I rubbed my temple.

"I know but I don't have money, I don't think I do."

"Then how were you going to pay for the food?"

"With my charm?" I smiled and he sighed walking towards the counter.

He returned with his phone and I took it.

"Do you know his number?" I asked and he narrowed his eyes.

"How will I know his number?"

"I don't know it. His name is Spencer, does it ring a bell?"

"No, it doesn't." He said and took his phone back.

"I'll call you a cab."

"But I don't have money for it."

"I'll lend you some." He said and I smiled. "You're so kind, thank you." I said and sat down on a chair.

I didn't hear the conversation since he was at the back of the shop probably fixing stuff. I put my head down and sighed. I should be in bed and not drunk in a coffee shop.

"The cab should be here in a few minutes so just wait outside." He said and I nodded.

I got up but nearly fell only for him to catch me. "Oh shit, sorry." I said and rubbed my eyes. "I don't usually drink." I added and walked out of the coffee shop.

"Then why did you?" He asked and I scratched my cheek. "I don't know, I wanted to." He hummed and locked the door.

"Is this your shop?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Seriously?"

"Yup, my grandma's old coffee shop." He said and I nodded.

"That's neat."

"I guess so." He shrugged and I raised my brow.

"It's late, why do you close so late?" I asked.

"I don't know, out of boredom. Maybe to run into drunks like you."

"I'm not a drunk, it's not permanent." I said and he nodded about to leave but I stopped him.

"What time do you open tomorrow?" I asked.

"At 8am."

"Alright, I'll see you then." I said and he nodded before getting in his car.

"My name's Ryan, by the way." I said since his car window was down.

"Goodnight, Ryan." He said and I smiled.

"Goodnight, Brendon."

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

hola!

this is very short but it's just an introduction, I guess.

this is also the very first story I'm publishing so if it's crap, talk to my lawyer.