0.7

I was at home when Brendon called almost pass midnight. A bit of a surprise for him to be calling this late.

"Hello?"

"I want to see your floor." He said and I chuckled.

"What? Do you know what time it is?"

"No, tell me." He said and I thought he was joking.

"Wait, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I just want to see your floor. Let me see your floor. Come pick me up."

"Pick you up where?" I asked and got up grabbing my boots since they were the closest.

"At the diner, silly." He chuckled and I grabbed my keys from the table.

"Okay, stay there, I'm on my way." I said and hung up getting in my car. He didn't sound drunk but then again I don't know how he is when drunk. I got to the diner as fast as I could and saw him with his head down on a table. I walked in and he shot his head up when hearing the bell.

"Those are really loud." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah, I told you." I chuckled and sat down in front of him. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing, I want to see your floor."

"We probably shouldn't be here when they're fixing up the floor."

"I don't care, it's my diner." He said and I nodded. Fair enough.

"Seriously, what happened?" I asked and I know he had a few drinks because I see them on the counter. A couple bottles of beer but nothing more. At least I think.

"I caught Audrey with Julian." He said and I wanted him to elaborate on that. "I saw them fucking, alright?" He said when he saw my confused expression. Oh, shit. That's something. I blinked and he stared at me.

"You don't even care."

"What makes you say that?"

"It's obvious you didn't like Audrey since you wanted me so bad." He chuckled and I leaned back on my chair.

"Don't get so cocky with me. I didn't care how nice she seemed I knew something was up." I said and he groaned putting his head down.

"I'm so heart broken."

"Stop being dramatic. It's good you found out."

"Why?"

"Because what they were doing is fucking shitty, specially to someone like you. You don't deserve her or even Julian, you understand me? Fuck them."

"I asked for how long. She said 4 months. 4 fucking months and I didn't know any of it! Am I that dumb? You said you saw something in her and you didn't even know her so it must be me. It has to be me. I'm just so nice to everyone I expect the same treatment back but that's not how life works. Life is so shitty, I hate it." He said and I shook my head.

"Don't get out of hand. You have good intentions. Life isn't shitty, it's just filled with shitty people, but some are actually pretty cool so find them and don't let them go." I explained and he sniffed.

"You're pretty cool." He said and I nodded.

"Sure, thanks."

"Thank you for being there for me, I know we've known each over a few days but I feel like I've known you forever. We even had our first argument already." He chuckled and I nodded. "I feel like I haven't given you the same treatment."

"You have, it's fine. Let me drive you home, yeah?"

"I want to see your floor." He said and I chuckled.