19- Strongest Team?

"You want me to go with you and Natsu?"

Gray drawls out the words and I can see Erza's forceful side threatening to come out. I roll my eyes and move my attention away, knowing that he'll eventually relent.

"Natsu?"

My eyes move to the side where Mira stands.

"Yeah?"

She smiles softly.

"I know that you and Gray don't get along very well, but please try to. You three could be a great team if you all could work together."

I internally scoff.

I'm the last person she should be telling this to. No way I'd be listening to her if it was really me from three years ago. I can't believe she's even trying knowing what I'm like.

Lucy's the only one that could manage that. I was too immature to take care of myself and get along with others. Luckily for everyone, they don't have to deal with that anymore.

I nod my head stiffly.

"Don't worry. I won't cause any trouble."

Her smile drops and her eyes lose their sweet, calm look. She looks at me with surprise, obviously not expecting that reaction.

After of few moments I see realization flash in her eyes as she becomes aware of her silence and she puts a smile back on her face and nods.

"I'm glad. Now be careful."

I nod my head and turn back towards Erza and Gray.

Gray has his arms crossed and a pout on his face but I can tell he's given in.

"Alright, meet me at the station in an hour."

Gray groans and I walk off away from them to find Happy before we head to the station.

Just like old times...

I try to lighten my mood but fail and end up frowning.

Not really.
-
-
-
Awkward.

It's so awkward.

We all met at the station and exchanged a few words before getting on the train and to our seats. Now we all sit silently while waiting for the train to start moving.

It wouldn't normally bother me but I've been more aware of what's happening around me lately. I've already thought through the mission and what the plan will be. Since I know what will happen it's pretty easy.

Eragor plans to go to the train station and broadcast Lullaby so that people all around will hear it and suffer its effects. Last time we got trapped there and Lucy managed to get us out, but we won't be able to rely on her this time.

The train pulls out of the station and my stomach stirs. I put my hand on my stomach and look out the window to try to distract myself from the motion sickness.

"Geez, Natsu, you really are pathetic."

I glare out the window and ignore Gray, who eyes me with disgust from the seat across from me.

"Why don't you sit next to me, Natsu?"

Erza pipes up from next to Gray and he looks at her shocked. I look at her confused for a moment before I make the connection in my mind.

My eyes widen and I shake my head before sitting up as much as I can.

"N-no. I'm fine."

She's not about to knock me out. Not this time.