33- A Stranger

"Natsu, where did you go? You just left me out there!"

Happy glares at me from the door and I quickly disregard him and look back in front of me.

"Not now."

I walk back and forth across the room.

Three years. Three years since I last saw Lucy and I have no idea what happened in that huge gap that could have led her to where she is now.

What happened?

Ughhh!

My hands pull at my hair.

The sound of the door opening and a few pairs of footsteps walking in brushes past my ears. My hands go in front of my face to keep from seeing the people in the room.

"Natsu, what's going on?"

I pace back and forth, my head in my hands, covering my view of the people around me.

How could this happen?

I don't understand.

My head shakes back and forth in my hands and my pace quickens across the small room.

I don't understand-

A hand falls on my shoulders

"Natsu, what happened?"

I flinch away from their touch. My head snaps up out of my hands and I take a couple of steps back.

Erza looks at me with slight alarm and her hand slowly drops to her side. Gray coughs in response to the ensuing silence in the room.

"Natsu, what happened while we were gone?"

My gaze scans across all of their faces and the alarm that's written over them.

I stand up straight and send a hand through my hair. My head shakes a couple of times.

"What...what happened with you guys? You don't look like you did anything but go on a little walk."

Gray rolls his eyes and falls back onto the couch.

"There was nothing but traces of a teleport lacrima."

Erza sighs.

"We have no idea where they really are or how many of them there are. Teleport lacrimas can only go so far though so at least we know they can't be towns always from us."

I nod solemnly and Erza stares at me.

"What?"

"What happened, Natsu? We saw the shop so we know they were here."

I stay silent and look at my feet but Erza presses on.

"Did you fight them, Natsu? How many were there? How strong were they?"

She sighs in frustration.

"Natsu!"

"Yes I saw them!"

She looks at me surprised and she goes back to her controlled self.

"Then what happened?"

I let out a frustrated breath.

"There was...someone I know."

Her eyesbrows crease and Gray perks a little in surprise. Happy watches with curious eyes from beside Gray.

"Three guys we're robbing the shop but this girl...I didn't know she was a girl. I didn't see her and she didn't use her magic. She distracted me without even doing anything except moving around in the cover of trees. She's smart."