23- Sleepover

Lucy and I walk into the guild together after a little while longer of sitting in the sun.

She follows me in and I make my way straight to Happy with slight annoyance at how he didn't bother to check on me at all.

"Thanks for the help earlier, Happy."

He smiles smugly.

"I thought that Mira's idea to have Lucy go after you was better. After seeing you get all choked up like that I figured a surprise from her would...help you."

He ends his thoughts with an innocent smile and I roll my eyes.

"Right."

Happy flies right past me and goes up to Lucy.

"I'm Happy."

She eyes him curiously for a moment, her eyes casting a short glance to his wings. I forgot she had never seen an exceed before. She hadn't seen a lot of things before Fairy Tail.

"I'm...Lucy."

I walk up from behind Happy and bump into him. I ignore his annoyed glare.

"Happy's a flying cat."

She nods her head slowly.

"Yeah.'

I shrug my shoulders.

"It's more normal than you think."

She nods her head again and hums in response.

"Mmhhm."

Happy drops onto a table beside us, his wings disappearing.

"So, Lucy, are you moving into Fairy Hills?"

The slightly curious and slightly confused look on her face falls away.

"I'm not sure. Mira was telling me about it but I don't think it's in my price range. I was thinking of looking for a cheap apartment or something."

"Well, then where are you staying for tonight?"

She glances at the clock on the wall that reads a little before eight. Her face falls and she shrugs.

"I'll probably just stay at an inn."

Is that where she stayed back then? I can't remember...or maybe I never knew in the first place...

"You can stay with us."

Her gaze rises abruptly at my words, surprise on her face and Happy does the same.

"It's just Happy and I and there's enough room. There's a hammock tied up that you can sleep on..or you can sleep on the bed but it's less a bed and more just a pile of blankets.."

I rant on nervously and then slowly look up at her.

"It's a little messy but it's free?"

She raises an eyebrow suspiciously at me.

"You're not going to do anything weird are you?"

My nervousness fades and I smile internally.

Like I'd dare do anything to you. You'd kick me right in the face if I did.

"Weird how?"

She squints at me and I smile naively. She's eyes me closely for a few more seconds and then relents.

"Okay."

Happy smiles brightly bumps into me.

"Yay! A sleepover!"
-
-
-
"This place isn't just messy...it's completely trashed!"