phantom

~

Samantha Clarence loved two people in her early life; her older brother, William, and her mother, Grace. But her mother died when she was a child and when her brother is killed on the battlefield, Sam realizes she is left with nothing. Left with no one.

After watching William go off to war and being unable to do anything about it, Sam decides enough is enough. They say that men will win the war, but what about the women? Taking it upon herself to do whatever she can to protect her country, Samantha cuts her hair and molds her appearance to that of a man, signing herself up for the war. And, despite the ridiculousness of it all, it works. She's assigned to a unit; the 107th. 

But the war isn't what it appears to be in the papers. Sam quickly comes face to face with the rise of HYDRA and during the capture of her unit, things drastically change. Not only in how she sees the world but how she fits into it as well. 

There's a new force turning the tides of the war. A force unseen to the human eye and untameable, by even the strongest bullet. 

And they call her the Phantom.

~

𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲;
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿.
𝗯𝗼𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 
𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀, 
𝘄𝗮𝗿, 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘀, 
𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲. 
𝘀𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 
𝗵𝗲𝘅 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝘁. 
𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆'𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 
𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 
𝗮𝗰𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗲, 
𝗮𝗰𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘀 𝗱𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀. 
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗮 𝗴𝗵𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆
𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗮... 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆.

PHANTOM: A MULAN/CAPTAIN AMERICA TRAGEDY

~