Chapter 1

A few things before you continue, I made this a Y/n story because it's easier for me to write stories like this. It won't follow the story of Resi exactly just because I want to add my own twist to it.

Name: Y/n
Age: 21
Occupation: Police officer

~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. God I hate hearing that, especially at 6 in the morning. I hit snooze on my alarm and decide to try get back to sleep for another few minutes. Just as I was about to close my eyes my dog Milo jumps onto my bed and licks my face. I giggle and reluctantly pull the covers off me. I go to my closet and take out my police uniform. It's my first day so I want to give off the best impression. I go down stairs and get breakfast for Milo and me. I look over to Milo, who has his head in his food bowl "Lucky you get to stay here all day while I go out to work"

(Time skip)

I arrive at the Precinct a little early because I have to talk to the Lieutenant to sort out who my partner is going to be. I opened the doors and step inside, there's already a few eyes on me. I ignore them and head into the Lieutenants office. I knock on his door and breath, trying to relax my racing heart. I'm so nervous. "Come in" shouts the Lieutenant. "Hello Lieutenant" I say and extend my arm out to shake his hand. "Hello Ms. L/n thank you for coming in today" he says as he extends out his arm returning the hand shake. I  see his name displayed on the desk 'Lieutenant Marvin Branagh'. "So Ms L/n, I see you graduated top of the class in the academy" "That's correct Sir" I say with proud smile. After a while of talking and him being full of praise about his officers, he officially welcomes me to the Department. "Thank you Sir" Marvin smiles "My pleasure Ms L/n, now we just have to figure out who your partner is going to be" Marvin looks through some files to see if there is any officers who have no partners. "So there is officer John Gray but there has been complaints made against him in the past about being quite invasive of peoples personal space and he doesn't quite work well with other people so it's a no for him. There is officer Leon Kennedy, been with the force for a few months and works well with other people. Ok, you have yourself a partner. I'll go get him so you two can be introduced to each other" As Marvin left, my eyes roam around the precinct through the office window. I see Marvin walking back to the office, I stand up to look more presentable. "Officer L/n, this is officer Leon Kennedy. Leon, this is your new partner officer Y/n L/n." I extend my hand with a smile "Nice to meet you Leon"  "Same goes for you Y/n, glad to hear I finally have a partner" Leon kindly accepts the hand shake and mirrors my smile.

~~~~~~

Leon and I have already been getting on well with each other, we were finishing up on a case when we heard Branagh calling saying that we were were to police the roads. Before I could say I was gonna drive, Leon had bet me to it. I didn't mind though because I wanted to just sit back and watch the day go by. "So what made you want to be a cop?" Leon suddenly asks me. It's kind of an emotional story but I don't mind talking about it. "When I was 7, my brother Jason  was hit by a drunk driver and killed, the police said they were going to find the person who did it but the next day they closed the case and said there was nothing else they could do. I felt hurt and angered by how quickly they tossed away the case. It's like they forgot that Jason was a human and not just a name on paper" I thought back to that day, the day my heart broke, the day I lost my older brother. I didn't realise I was crying until Leon wiped away my tears and pulled me into a hug. He must have pulled the car over when I was talking. I accepted the hug and just let it all out, I didn't want him to see me like this because he probably thought I was weak but I couldn't stop crying. After a few minutes I controlled my breathing and pulled away. "Sorry you probably think I'm weak" Leon doesn't say anything but he lifts my chin to make me look at him "I don't think you're weak, it takes a lot to actually talk to someone about a loss and I'm sorry if I made you feel like you had to talk about it" "It's ok, anyway it's better to talk about things. I'm sure he'd be proud of me, he always told me I was the strongest person he'd ever known" I chuckle a little, remembering what he used to tell me whenever I wasn't feeling the best. I looked up to see Leon smiling at me. Our moment was disturbed when we heard the radio saying that we were needed downtown because of a fight that broke out. I can tell we're going to be good partners.

~~~~~~