Chapter 5

It's been a few weeks since I've gotten out of hospital. I'm currently still in Leon's but I'm going to talk to him about moving back to my house.

"Morning Leon" "Good morning Y/n, look about yesterday-" "Leon it's fine" "No, I want to explain. Before I went to meet her the Lieutenant told me that her brother Chris Redfield is missing and that's the whole reason she joined. We can't let her drive a wedge between our friendship"

"Leon, its fine. I'll admit, I don't fully trust her, but I judged her before I got to know her. I was actually coming down to talk to you about a couple of things" "Sure go ahead" I bite the inside of my cheek "Ok the first thing is, I was wondering when I could go back to work because I'm completely fine now, and the second thing is, if you want me to move back home, I can, it's absolutely fine"

"Why would I want you to move back? Did Claire put that idea into your head?" "No" I sigh, "I had a bit of a bad dream last night" Leon looks at me telling me to continue "It was back to the whole incident with my ex. That you showed up, I got shot and then you almost got hurt too. You were mad at me for putting you in danger"

Leon moves closer to me "One thing I want you to know is you never put me in danger. I know Claire told you that. I heard her that day. Y/n, you could never do anything that would put me in danger. You text me, I came over. I knew something wasn't right. I wanted to protect you but I failed. One of the reasons why I don't want you moving back home is because I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to you"

I looked up at Leon in disbelief "So you don't want me to move back home?" "Absolutely not. If anything I want you to stay" I gasp "You mean move in with you?" I was nervous. What if that isn't what he meant. "Yes. Y/n, do you wanna move in with me?" Oh my god. He just asked me to move in. Holy shit "Yes! Of course I'll move in"  Leon and I both hugged each other. It was nice being in each others embrace again

"Oh and as for the job, you can come back whenever you want" Leon starts his shift in like an hour, so that'll give you enough time to get ready

(time skip because I'm lazy)

Leon and I both walk into the station, gaining peoples attention. Some officers come over to me welcoming me back, others wanting to know everything that happened. I explained the story to the ones who wanted to know. After that, Leon and I both went to my desk. Because of Claire coming in, we had to share a desk for the moment.

Once we got sat down and organised, you felt two pairs of eyes on me. I already know who's they are. I decided to tell Leon "Leon, I get the feeling I'm not the most liked by Claire, because I can feel her stare at me, and I can also feel John stare at me too" Leon looked up and around the room to see were they both staring at me"Stay here, I'm gonna ask the Lieutenant can we go on patrol"

When Leon got up he put his hand on my shoulder and it felt like it lingered but it could just be my imagination. From the Lieutenant's office I see Leon giving me a nod. I get up and grab my jacket. I walk past Claire's desk and feel her stare burn into the back of me. I have to walk past John's desk. Ugh god help me.

I feel John put his hand out to stop me and I feel him touch my waist. Just as I was about to call for Leon, I feel him come up behind me and grab my shoulders to pull me away from John. "Oi, never touch her again!" I've never heard him sound so serious before. It did things to me. Leon looks over to me "Thank you. He won't leave me alone and he creeps me out" I feel Leon snake his arm around my waist. What is he doing? "He can't get away with it. You have to tell the lieutenant"

Leon and I are out on patrol and I'm thinking back to when we were in the station. Why did Leon put his arm around my waist? Was it to make John think I was off limits? I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard the radio go off. "Patrol unit to 158 Chester street. We've got complaints from people saying there's been a disturbance" "Oh fun"

(Time Skip)

As Leon and I got to the address, we could tell that it ain't gonna be pretty. "This place looks run down. How do you want to approach it?" Leon looks at me for an answer "I say we knock and if we get no answer, we kick the door down" Leon chuckles "You always got the crazy ideas. I like it" I head over to the front door and knock on it. No answer. I knock again and still no answer.

I look at Leon for the go ahead and he nods. I brace myself and use all of my strength to kick the door. To my surprise the door wasn't that strong. We go in quietly and then hear a bit of rustling in the living room. I raise my gun "RPD DONT MOVE!" whoever it was didn't listen to me and kept moving. I was going to go over until they turned around.

I almost screamed. His face was blue and grey, his teeth were yellow and sharp. He came towards me and I started shooting. I didn't stop until he was dead "Leon what the fuck was that?!" Leon came walking towards me "I have no idea, but let's get back to the station and inform the Lieutenant"

I couldn't move. I was frozen in place. Leon noticed I wasn't behind him and turned around. He saw me stand in the exact same place I was. Not moving. He came over and hugged me "Y/n, you had no choice. He was going to attack you" Leon decided to carry me back to the car. I was still shaken up but slowly coming around.

"I understand that if I didn't shoot, it would've killed me but I have no idea what it was. It looked like a zombie but I thought they only existed in movies." Leon put his hand on mine "Hey Y/n, we'll find out what it is. And we'll stop whatevers happening. The main thing is you are safe" I slightly blushed at Leon's words and he noticed.

Leon and I made it back to the station. When we walked in, we went straight to the Lieutenants office "Excuse me, Lieutenant, we went to the address we were given over the radio and when we got there, we found a zombie like person in there"

The lieutenant told us to take a seat and slowly explain what we saw. I let Leon do the talking. "When we got to 158 Chester Street, we knocked on the door a good bit of times and we got no answer. When we got into the house, Y/n heard noises coming from the living room, she went to inspect it. I followed close behind her. We saw this person crouched down with there back towards us. Y/n ordered for the person to stand up but they didn't. They came towards her and was about to attack. She had no choice but to shoot. The guy who was there, looked like a zombie-" he cut Leon off

"Are you sure?" "Yes we're both positive. His skin was blue and grey, his teeth were yellow and sharp, like animal teeth, and his eyes were grey" the Lieutenant looked shocked "Ok, we'll get officers down there. You two stay here" "Oh and Lieutenant, tell them to dress in swat gear, we don't know if there's anymore or if they're dangerous" He nodded "Thank you officer L/n, and Kennedy. You both can go on your break"

Ok, so the next chapter I'll do will more than likely be where it all kicks off. And I know, two chapters in one night. I felt like it