Chapter 4

It has been a few days since the whole ordeal with Jake, and I have been discharged from hospital. Leon insisted I stay in his house until I'm properly back on my feet. He's been so caring the past couple of weeks. He's looked after d/n while I was in hospital, he's been visiting me regularly in hospital and now he's letting you stay at his house.

"Leon, have they found him yet?" "No, they're still looking, but Marvin told me to tell you that he won't looking stop until he finds him" I sigh and sit on the sofa "I don't know how he found me. I destroyed every bit of evidence that I moved" Leon sat down beside me and held my hand "You're safe as long as you're with me. I'll never let anything harm you as long as you're here. I know it's hard but you have to try forget him. You need your rest"

Just as Leon was going to get up, I stopped him "Thank you Leon, for everything" Leon smiled "It's no bother Y/n, it's what friends do"

(Time Skip)

I wake up in to the smell of food. Where am I? I look around and think back to before I fell asleep. Leon. I chuckle a little and get out of bed and head downstairs. I see Leon playing with d/n. "You two having fun?" Leon sits up and looks at me with a smile. Oh god that smile. "We were but it'd be more fun with you playing with us" "I'll be with you both in a minute, I'm going to make some tea"

I was in the kitchen making tea when Leon called me "Y/n, I have a call out with the new intern, Lieutenant wants someone to show her the ropes and I'm the only one free" "That's grand, me and d/n will be fine here until you get back" "I'll be back soon, call me if you need anything. Just in case, I have my gun under the counter" "Got it, now go, don't want you to be late" as Leon left, I was kinda disappointed that he got called in but he can't stay with me all the time.

I wonder who the new intern is. I wonder if she's pretty. There's not much to do now that Leon's not here. Although, d/n is running low on food so I think I'll head back home and collect some. I go upstairs and have a look in Leon's closet to see if there's any clothes I can wear to go home because I'm not walking home in pj's.

After a few minutes of searching his closet, I took out a white t-shirt and kept my shorts on. I'm sure Leon won't mind. I just have to make sure I'm back before he gets home.

(Time Skip)

I get back to Leon's, hoping he's not back yet because I know he won't be happy. Oh shit. His car is in the driveway. I open the door and start talking as I come in "Leon, I just popped out because d/n needed food" I walked in and seen a young woman sitting on the sofa "Oh, hello" she must be the new intern Leon was talking about, but why is she here?

She stood up and walked over to me with her hand extended out "Hi, my name is Claire" her voice is so high pitched oh my god "Hi, my name is Y/n" I tried to sound as polite as possible and accepted her hand shake "Leon's told me about you. I didn't realise yous lived together" Here we go

"We don't, he let me stay in his place until I recover" "Oh my goodness what happened??" her voice Holy shit "My ex boyfriend found out where I lived, he decided to pay me a visit. I texted Leon to tell him to come to my place. When he came, all hell broke loose. I tackled my ex off of me and then he shot me. He and Leon were fighting and then Leon took care of me from there on"

Her face changed and it was a mixture of jealousy and anger, but what for? "You put Leon in danger?!!" I was shocked "What? No I didn't, Leon helped me, he insisted I stay here until they caught my ex!" she really pissed me off. I didn't put Leon in danger. Is that how he saw it?

"Are you and Leon together?" the look of jealousy on her face right now "No, but he is really handsome though" "Good because he's mine. So stay away!" possessive much "I wouldn't want to intrude on your one sided love life" she snapped at this point. I see her going to scream at me.

"What's going on here?" and in came Leon. I see Claire compose herself. What a bitch. "Y/n was interrogating me on why I'm here" What? "No I wasn't, I came in from getting d/n's food from my house and I saw Claire on the sofa when I came in. We made conversation and yeah" "So why would Claire say it if it wasn't true?" Oh wow "I don't know, but d/n and I are going for a walk. I need some air"

I can't believe Leon didn't believe me. He believes someone who he only met today rather than someone he's known for longer. Whatever, I don't know why I'm getting so upset, it's not like we're together.

(Leon's Pov)

Claire sat back down on the sofa after Y/n left. I could tell she was mad. But I don't see why Claire would lie. I mean Y/n did actually go out to get more food for d/n, but I don't know. "Can you believe what y/n said, making me look like a liar" I sigh "Yeah it's not like her, could just be the stress of everything. Do you want a drink or some food?" I like Claire, she's nice but I also like Y/n. But I think she only sees us as friends.

"Some coffee would be fine thanks" "Coffee coming right up" I hope Y/n won't mind Claire being here for dinner. "So Leon, tell me more about what you do, I wanna be prepared for when I start" "Well as you know already, Y/n is my partner, so sometimes we're at the station, other times we could be on patrol. It all depends on what officers are free to do what you know"

(Claire's Pov)

I'm hoping to remove Y/n from the situation and become Leon's work partner, and then I'm going to slowly drive a wedge in between them so he'll have me to lean back on. And then I'll have him all to myself

(your Pov)

I came back from bringing d/n for a walk, hoping Claire will be gone. "I'm back" I smell some food cooking in the kitchen. I walk in and see Claire sitting on the sofa almost like when I came in from getting the food. "Hey Leon, is it ok if I take a shower?"I ask "Yeah sure, oh and also, Claire is staying for dinner" How lovely "Great, can't wait" I force a smile. Well fuck. I go upstairs and take a shower, forgetting everything that has happened in the last few days.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Claire in the station everyday. God, what did I do to deserve this? I can't tell if Leon believes me or her. But I don't care. If she's going to be staying here more often, then I'm moving back to my place, as much as I don't want to, I'm not staying in a place with her.

Ok, I know what you're all thinking. And I'm getting closer to the actual storyline. I want to make Claire bitchy. I love her personally but I wanna change the story a little. I hope you like it.