Chapter 6

Sorry I didn't have a chapter up yesterday, I wasn't finished writing it, so here it is.

Leon and I were sitting in the break room. Neither of us have spoken. "What was that thing that we saw back there?" "I have no idea, but they'll figure it out" "I can't just sit here, can we go on patrol?" Yeah sure. I'll get the keys"

Leon and I have been on patrol for a while. I couldn't continue to sit there and not know what was going on. I wanted to be out doing something. I just hope we don't come across more of them zombie things.

"Y/n, you ok?" Leon's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "Yeah. just thinking" "About what?" I sigh "just about everything. But more about what's happening. What are those things? how many more are there?"

"Hey, Y/n, try not to worry. The Lieutenant told us that he's got officers doing house calls and out patrolling the city." "Yeah I suppose you're right"

(Time Skip)

It's been a while since Leon and I went out on patrol, the sun is starting to go down. "Hey do you want to go for some food?" I think for a second "Yeah sure. I could do with some food" We both let out a chuckle. "Where do you wanna go?" "We can go to (insert your local restaurant here)" "Yeah sure I don't mind"

Leon parks the patrol car outside the restaurant and we both get out. As we walk up to the door, Leon took my hand in his. I blushed a bit and hid my face in his chest. Leon chuckles a little. "You know Y/n, you're really cute" I blush more after hearing him say that.

"You're a gentleman Kennedy" "Only for you L/n" Leon and I had never spoken about dating each other, but it felt like we were because of the little gestures we would do, or the lingering touches but as far as I was aware, we were unofficially together. Does that make me sound crazy?

(Time Skip because I'm lazy)

Leon and I had finished our food and we both were getting ready to head back to the station. As we got into the patrol car, we heard an announcement over the radio "Due to a city wide outbreak, all citizens must take shelter in Racoon City Police Station" We both look at each other. "Oh shit that's bad"

"Let's brace ourselves for when we go back. God knows what we'll find" We were just a few blocks away from the station when a hoard of those zombie things came over to the car "Y/n, get out, now!" I try and open the door but the zombies are blocking the door "I can't, it's stuck!"

I hear a vehicle of some sort coming down the road, I turn behind me "Oh shit, Leon look!" I tell Leon to look and he sees the truck coming towards us at a much faster rate "Hold on!"

From that moment on, I was unsure of everything that happened. After I head Leon shout, all I could hear was ringing in my ears. I tried to move but I couldn't. I was stuck. I see zombies coming towards me and I tried to use all my strength and move, but it was no use.

I felt myself being dragged out of the wreckage and away from the zombies. "Leon?" "Y/n? Can you hear me?" "Y-yeah, I can hear you. Leon, you've got to go ahead, I'd only slow you down. I can't walk." "I'll carry you. there is no way I'm leaving you here."

And with that, Leon picked me up and carried me the rest of the way to the station. When we got into the station Leon put me on a sofa in the break room "Lie down here Y/n, I'll find a medic who will sort you out and then we can get going"

"Leon, where's Marvin?" Leon looked around "I don't know. the place is empty. I don't know where everyone's after going. But now that you're all better, we're going to have a look around and get to the bottom of this"

"Leon, I found something on the computer" Leon comes over to me "Look it's Elliott on cctv, he says he has a way out and it's in his notebook" "There's no point in both of us going, because someone has to stay here and look out for any of our officers" I know Leon won't agree but I can handle it

"I'll go" he looks at me "Are you sure? because I don't mind going" "Listen here rookie, I can handle myself out there. I know where I'm going, and I have proper protection" Leon smirks "Technically I'm not a rookie but ok. You're sure?" "It adds to the dramatics. Oh I'm sure"

I decide to make a bold move. I lean up and kiss his cheek but I don't say anything about it. "I'll call you if I need anything" And with that I walk away

(Leon's Pov)

I blush a little after Y/n kissed my cheek. Damn, that girl has a lot of effect on me. I get pulled from my thoughts when I hear noises from the main hall. I pull out my gun and slowly make my way towards the noise

I see a shadowed figure with their back towards me. I click my gun, to see if they can hear me or not. "Hey, woah it's just me Kennedy" I sigh "Lieutenant, I thought you were one of those" "Where's L/n?" Uh oh "She saw cctv of Elliott, he said he had a way out, that it was in his notebook. She went to look for him"

(Your Pov)

I got the notebook from Elliott, but he got split from a zombie that was on the other side of the door. I'll never be able to unsee that. "Come on Y/n, you got this" I was running and dodging the zombies because there was no way I was going to waste my ammo on them

I made it back from getting to the East Hall, and I had bearly any energy left. The zombies put up a fight. I had gotten up to the shutter and lifted it up as high as I could. I managed to squeez myself half way through when a zombie grabbed me leg

"Shit!" I tried to kick the zombie off of me with my free leg but it was no use. "Y/n?" I felt so relieved to hear his voice again "Leon help!" Leon and Marvin came over to help. Leon pulled me out of the zombies grasp and Marvin slammed the shutter on the zombies head

I take a few breaths "There was another officer. I couldnt- I couldn't.." "I'm sure you did everything you could Y/n" Leon picked me up and sat me down on the sofa "Are you hurt anywhere?" I shake my head "No, I'm fine, just tired" I can tell this is going to be a long night

ok, sorry for not updating yesterday, and sorry if this chapter is a bit short. I'm trying to follow along as closet as I can to the story. I hop you guys like it