Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of crashing downstairs. I looked at my alarm, great it's 5 am. I look over to the other side of my bed and see P/n lying there asleep. I get up out of bed and take my gun from my drawer.

I slowly walk down the stairs making sure not to make any noise. I draw my gun at the shadowed person in my house. "Don't move" I hold the trigger just incase the person attacks me. "Well well well. If it isn't my darling Y/n" That voice sounded familiar. Oh fuck, it's him isn't it. "Turn around with your hands up!" I tried to sound demanding but it didn't work.

"You wouldn't hurt me, would you?" "Why are you here? What do you want from me?" "You left me, remember?" He then started walking closer to me. "Don't fucking move any closer, I have a gun and I'm not afraid to shoot"

"Oh Y/n, I know you won't actually hurt me. I know you still love me" "Go away!" What do I do? Do I try call Leon? Would he be up now? A million thoughts ran trough my head and I came up with an idea. "Ok, I won't shoot, if you sit down I'll put my gun away" He won't fall for it, he isn't that stupid. "Ok deal" I can't believe it worked.

Jake sat down on the sofa and I went into the kitchen to put my gun 'away'. Like hell I was actually going to put it away. I got my phone out of my pocket and text Leon to come over. I went back out to Jake and sat opposite to him.

"What do you want?" I said with a little bit of a sour attitude. "You don't learn do you?" "What are you-" before I could finish my sentence, he had a firm grip on my wrist and pushed me roughly against the wall. "You got me fired from my job, I almost lost my fucking house because of you" "That wasn't my fault. It was yours" Shit I shouldn't have said that. His grip was released from my wrist and went straight to my throat. "Don't you fucking dare talk back to me"

Leon, now would be a perfect time to come over. Just as I was about to reach for my gun, I heard Leon call my name. Jake put his hand over my mouth so I couldn't scream. I heard Leon's steps getting closer and I looked at Jake to see what he was going to do. He looked me straight in the eye and gave me a look of 'don't make any noise'. When he let me go I tackled him straight to the ground.

"Leon, in here!" I yelled. He pushed me off him and grabbed my gun from where I had it on me. "Please don't shoot me" I was crying at this point. He laughed and shot my side. I screamed in pain and felt myself drift in and out of consciousnes because it was a severe shot. I heard Leon and Jake fighting and then it was silent. Leon then rushed to my side. I had dry and fresh tears on my face.

I held my hand up to grab onto Leon's arm. I try to speak but no words came out. "Don't speak Y/n, it'll make the pain worse. I'm taking you to the hospital, it'll be quicker than calling an ambulance" Leon lifted me up and carried me to his car. He put me lying down on the back seat. He got in and drove off straight away. "Lieutenant, Y/n's been shot. I'm driving her to the hospital. I'm going to stay with her to make sure she's ok"

Leon hung up the phone and grabbed onto my hand. "Hang in there Y/n, we're almost there" Leon was speeding his way to the hospital. I could hear his mutterings under his breath and then everything went quiet.

(Time Skip)

I woke up to the sound of beeping. I opened my eyes and look around the room. I see Leon sleeping on the chair next to my bed. He looks so cute. "Leon?" I try and call out his name as loud as I can. "Leon?" I say a little louder. I see him stir awake.

"Oh my god Y/n you're awake! I was so worried. I called the Lieutenant telling him you were shot" I nod. "I hate to have to ask Y/n, but who was he?" I look down and sigh. "We used to date, he was sweet at the start but then he'd start coming home late, expecting me to have dinner on the table when he comes home, he'd sometimes be drunk and-" I take a deep breath in and out, knowing Leon won't like what I say next. "and he'd hit me when I didn't have dinner ready, or when I didn't cook what he liked"

Leon took a sharp breath in. Uh oh. "Why didn't you report him?!" "I-I did but he made it seem like I was lying. They dropped the charges. He got so pissed at me that he left the house for a few days. When he came back, he brought a girl home. He kicked me out so they could have the house" At this point I burst into tears. I wasn't sad that I lost him or that I was shot. I was sad that I could ever love someone like that.

Leon sat on the edge of the bed and brought me into a hug, being careful not to hurt me. "Y/n, I'm going to need you to tell me his name" I broke away from the hug and collected myself again. "His name is Jake Morrison" Leon stands up and radio calls Marvin. I sit back and wonder how I got so lucky to have such a caring partner as Leon.

After Leon was finished telling Marvin everything he needed to know, he sat back down on the chair and looked down at the ground. It was like he was lost in thought. "Leon?" he looked up at me. "Thank you. If you didn't see my text, I'd probably be dead by now" he held my hand. "It's what partner's do Y/n. If you're ever in trouble, I'll be there to help you" I hug him again. "You should get back to work, I know they'll miss you"

Leon looked as if he was unsure
"Are you sure? Because Marvin said I could stay as long as I wanted with you" I giggled "Fair enough, but would you mind getting me some food, I'm starving" Leon smiled "sure thing Y/n. I'll be back in a couple of minutes" I watched him leave, smiling to myself. I really was lucky.

Ok, so because it's half term for me, I should be able to get more chapters out. Also hope you like it