Chapter 1

"Pretty amazing environment if I do say so myself." said Peter Parker as he and his friend/boss/former professor, Dr. Otto Octavius, were walking through the suburbs of Sicily, Italy. He was always fond of visiting different countries......or at least, anywhere outside of New York.

"Yes, Italy is absolutely amazing." Octavius said. "But unfortunately, we're not here for sight-seeing. We're here to collect the metal needed for our upcoming presentation."

Peter hid a dejected face as he sighed in realization. They had come to meet Octavius' friend that lives in Sicily, and who apparently has the necessary material needed to make the mechanical arm. Otto has always amazed Peter with his ideas for the future, even back to his days when he was just his professor. So when the opportunity came for Peter to join with Otto in business, he could not refuse. But now even he had to admit that it was nice to get away from science every once in a while and admire world around him.

Peter and Octavius turned around the corner to an open area that had some fancy water fountain in the middle and a bunch of flowers were being sold to tourists and locals in the area. Peter stopped in his tracks when he saw a girl running right past him and towards her family, sounding very excited.

He smiled at the sight, for it brought back a few memories of how he felt with his own family before they died. Peter forced those negative thoughts away and returned to his happy gleeful self, before realizing that the girl who had passed him was pointing to the fountain. Out of curiosity, Peter looked that way as well, but all he saw was just water flowing as it normally would from a fountain.

'Perhaps she just got mesmerized by the water falling.' he thought to himself, before realizing that he had separated from Octavius.

He checked through the huge crowd of people, before accidentally bumping into someone on the other side of the fountain. "Oh, sorry about that-" Peter started, but his words were cut short when he saw the person whom he had bumped.

It was a woman.....a beautiful woman at that. She had long red hair, clear blue eyes that resembled the ocean, and pink lips that appeared soft. 'Oh my.........god!' Peter thought to himself as he continued to stare at the beauty in front of him. The woman stared at him with those hypnotizing blue eyes, for what seemed like an eternity before she finally spoke.

"It's all good." she said in a strong, yet delicate voice.

'Even her voice sounds amazing!' Peter thought to himself. "I'm-" Peter started to say to introduce himself, but he saw the woman's eyes direct away from him on focus on something behind him for a second before returning to him.

"I must go now. Excuse me." she said, before brushing past him. Shocked, Peter turned and saw as she walked into the sea of people and disappeared around the corner in a hurry.

"Am I that weird-looking?" Peter said to himself as he stared to where she disappeared to. "Regardless, she was one pretty lady."

"She certainly was." was a voice behind him. Peter let out a shout of surprise as he whirled around to find Octavius standing there with a small grin on his face. "It's a shame she walked off so quickly though. But never mind that, let's go to the docs to meet Paul. And do try not to get separated again Peter." he continued.

Peter rubbed the back of his neck as the two proceeded to the docks to meet Octavius' friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little later, they reached the dock that Octavius' friend was on, and he was carrying the necessary equipment they needed in a bag on his shoulder.