Chapter 4

'I still can't believe that happened!' Peter said to himself as he stuck to the side of the wall, waiting for Yuri to come out onto the roof, dressed in his Spider-Man gear.

What he was thinking about is how the mechanical arm experiment for the spectators that they created had malfunctioned, due to, what proved to be, a minor miscalculation. A miscalculation that he could have caught, if he had not been so busy busting the Kingpin. Peter sure felt bad about that whole experience, and felt that he should've been there to help Octavius more.

But that's the price of being Spider-Man. And Speaking of his hero duties, Yuri was coming out of the police station with a pack of mints. She claimed that she had something that he could help her with, and being the nice guy that he is, he gladly agreed.

"Now that you've quit smoking, what do you tell people when you come up here?" Spider-Man asked.

Yuri looked back with a small smirk in his direction. "That I need a break from their crap." she replied.

"Fair enough. So why did you call? Need a date for the policemen dance?" Spider-Man asked in more of a joking matter.

"You have a black and white suit?" Yuri asked, quirking a brow. Spider-Man stuttered in hesitation, before Yuri interrupted. "Even if you did, there's no dance this year. We've been busy paying for the Oscorp surveillance tech. It works well.....until an hour ago. The system went down for every tower city wide."

"How?" Spider-Man asked, surprised. Oscorp was a business owned and run by the current mayor of all of New York, Norman Osborn. He is also the dad of his best friend, Harry Osborn, who has been out of the country for about a whole year now.

"My sources tell me that someone sabotaged the central server, and now all the towers are offline." Yuri says. "Could be an inside job, but I'll figure that out later. Right now, the main concern is that the towers need to get back online."

"And you called me? Aw, that's sweet." Spider-Man asked.

"I called someone I could trust. Plus the signals are scrambled and we are clueless on how to fix it." Yuri said, walking towards the entrance to the building.

"I love challenges!" Spider-Man yelled as he dropped to the floor near the tower.

"You break it, you buy it." Yuri warned as she entered the station.

"Thought you trusted me!" he yelled through the door, to ensure Yuri heard him, before walking to the tower. "Alright, let's see what we have here." he said to himself as he examined the tower box.

He managed to fix the tower with minor difficulties, and before he knew it, Yuri called him on his mask. "We just had a tower come online. Was that you?" she asked.

"Not just a pretty mask eh?" Spider-Man asked. "I'll get to the other towers. And FYI, I had to sync up with the tower to fix it. And now I'm seeing all crime data in the area." He then looked around and saw a crime signal with a label that said, 'break in' on it located in an area right next to the ocean. "And it looks like there's a break-in happening near me."

"Great. I've got units nearby." Yuri replied.

"Don't bother, I'm on it now." Spider-Man replied and started to swing to the source of the crime. He got to the back of the building and saw six guys in masks and crowbars trying to break into the building.

However, as he prepared to stop the crime, what he didn't see was a red-headed princess rising from the water. "This sure seems like a nice place to start observing." Mera thought to herself as she looked around. 'Better keep Atlantis a secret as well. The less they know the better.......which means I probably should be heading home now.' she thought to herself.