Chapter 8

"You seem to be all smiles Peter." Aunt May said as they were having their dinner in a restaurant near the F. E. A. S. T. center. It was true what she had said. For Peter could not wipe the stupid smirk off of his face ever since his time with Mera. "Is it because of that girl you were with earlier?" she asked with a knowing smile.

"I suppose you could say that." Peter said casually, smirk still in place.

It was an amazing experience to hear her stories about Atlantis, and to learn more things about her. And he wanted to hear more and more, everyday. And that hug she gave him at the end was just the icing on the cake. He can still remember the blending scent of cinnamon and ocean breeze that radiated off of her.

"She seems like a nice girl Peter." Aunt May said. "And also........I am sort of grateful that she came around."

Peter looked at her with interest as she said that. "Grateful? How come?" he asked. Aunt May hesitated before opening her mouth.

"I think it's a great opportunity for you. It can help you move on from......" she said, trailing off. Peter didn't need her to finish her sentence to know what she was referring to.

"Mary Jane." he finished for her. She gave him an affirming look. "Hey, what happened with MJ, it sucked really badly. And I will say that at times I do miss her, but I'm fine really." Peter said, putting on his best assuring smile in Aunt May's direction.

"I can see that." Aunt May said. "So what have you been up to lately Peter?" she asked.

"Well, Dr. Octavius and I have been busy with this mechanical arm. We even went to Italy to collect some carrot steel for the experiment. It was a nice experience." Peter said. 

'In more ways than one.' He added in his thoughts.

"Based on  that smile you're making, I'm guessing that is where you met this Mera girl?" Aunt May asked. Peter hesitated as he cut another piece of his baked potato.

"Maybe." he said, before taking a bite of his potato.

"I'll get more of that later. But first.....anything else you've been busy with Peter?" Aunt May asked curiously. Peter looked up at her with a hint of suspicion.

'She couldn't know.....could she?!' He thought to himself. "No, nothing else really." he lied, eating more of his potato.

Aunt May looked at him for a minute with a straight face, but it eventually morphed into a small grin. "Alright. Just asking." she said, making Peter breathe out a subtle sigh of relief. "Now tell me how you met Mera." she said, getting excited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlantis

"Tell me." Arthur said to the princess who sat on a rock with a large smile on her face.

"Tell you what?" Mera asked, snapping out of her trance. Arthur rolled his eyes.

"Tell me what you and the surface-dweller did today." Arthur said patiently.

"Keep your voice down!" she said, looking around for any eavesdroppers. "Don't let the entire ocean know."

"Well actually I can do that now you know." Arthur said with a smirk, motioning to the trident in his right hand. Mera's eyes narrowed in his direction warningly. "Oh relax, I'm not gonna tell." he said after a few seconds of her hard glare.

"Good." Mera said, laying back down on the rock.

"So.....what did you do?" Arthur asked again. Mera cracked a grin, thinking back to the time she spent with Peter. "Don't tell me you've already been inside his pants!" Arthur whispered quietly.