Chapter 13

The next day, Peter made a beeline over to the F.E.A.S.T. center to look for Li. He still had a favor to complete for MJ about the mask. He noticed that he had a bit of a skip in his step as we was walking. No doubt, due to some beautiful, smart, funny and overall amazing princess from Atlantis. He could hardly wait for their dinner date.

But first things first. He had to find out about the mask, and fortunately for him, Martin Li was in his office. He opened the door and knocked the inside of it to get his attention. Li looked up.

"Peter!" he said smiling.

"Sorry to bother you Mr. Li. I have a friend named Mary Jane, who's doing a story about art imports, and she found this piece." Peter explained, grabbing the mask in his backpack. "She wanted an expert opinion on it, and I know you have a degree-"

"And this might be the first time I actually get to use it." Li said with a grin. "Let's see what you have."

Peter then took the mask out of his backpack and showed it to Li. Li took the mask and observed it. For a minute, Peter thought he could've seen something in Li's eyes as he saw that mask, but he just shrugged it off.

"Interesting. Where did she find it?" Li asked.

"I'm really not sure." Peter lied. "Why? What is it?" he asked.

"A replica of an antique Chinese opera mask." he answered. "I haven't seen one in years." Li then turned the mask on the back side, where a single Chinese symbol was located. "This symbol on the back roughly translates to 'Demon.'" he added.

"Demon?" Peter asked.

Li turned to Peter and said, "My father read me ghost stories with that mask and symbol when I was young. It scared the hell out of me." Li's face then slowly turned to a more serious look as he continued. "Peter, listen. That mask, it's......it could be connected to dangerous people. Mary Jane might wanna find a different story."

Concern was starting to mount up for Peter as he digested Martin's words. "You think she's in trouble?" he asked.

Li sighed and said, "I don't know. Why take the risk?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlantis

Mera raced all the way to Atlantis as fast as she could. She only had a select few clothes for the surface world, and the only dresses she had were all meant to be underwater. They would surely not survive an environment that lacks water.

So she needs help finding some clothes. And she knew just who to ask for that kind of help.

"Arthur!" Mera said as she zipped into the throne room. Arthur, being bored on the throne, instantly perked up as he saw Mera come into the room. "Arthur I need your help."

"Whoa Mera! Calm down." Arthur said with a slight chuckle. "What is it you need help with?" he asked.

"I need help finding surface world clothes." she said. Arthur put on a confused face as he digested her question.

"I thought you had some though." he said.

"Yes, but I need different ones, nice ones, and now!" Mera said, tugging on Arthur's arm.

"Yow! Easy there Mera. I haven't seen you so eager ever since we escaped that ring of fire place." he commented. "Why are you so eager for more clothes on the surface world?" he asked.

Mera took a deep breath and said, "Peter just asked me out on a date." Arthur's eyebrows rose up, but he didn't look all that surprised.

"Well damn. That's some news!" he said. "When's the date? And more importantly can I come along?" he asked with a teasing smile.