Chapter 26

Mera embraced the sensation of the ocean as she swam forward. Although she was having a sensational time with Peter, she had to admit, she missed the water.

She took a look behind her a couple of times as if she were to see Peter standing behind her. But all that would be present was a blue abyss.

She inwardly sighed as she continued onward. She was getting very tired, and she could swear that it was completely dark in the sky, but she just kept swimming. (Dory would be so proud of her.)

At long last she finally reached her destination. Tom Curry's light house, shining so gracefully in the night. And Mera was certainly grateful for that, since she could hardly keep her eyes open. She dried herself off with her powers and went up and knocked on the door. Tom answered the door and was met with a very exhausted Mera.

"Mera. Come in." he said, stepping aside for Mera to come in. Atlanna, who was reading a book on the couch, popped up when she heard Mera's name being called and went to the door to greet her.

"Queen Atlanna." Mera said, bowing, but wobbled and lost her balance due to her drowsiness. Atlanna caught her though before she could hit the ground.

"Let's get you upstairs to rest. We'll talk in the morning." she said, leading her to a room up the stairs.

"This was Arthur's old room." Tom said as he held the door for the two ladies to walk through. Atlanna was still supporting Mera all the way to the bed.

"Rest up and then we can talk." Atlanna repeated as Mera sat on the bed.

Deciding not to have an argument at the moment, Mera just nodded her head and laid down under the covers and before she knew it, she was out like a light.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Mera awoke and automatically felt around for Peter with her eyes closed. When she only felt sheets, she opened her eyes to look. Then it all came back to her at once. She wasn't next to Peter today. She wasn't even in his room. And that thought made Mera once again feel depressed, knowing Peter wasn't there to greet her today.

She sighed and got up out of the bed and headed out of the room. 'Time to take care of some business.' she thought to herself, as she looked for Tom or Atlanna. She then went down the stairs and found both of them on the couch, talking to each other. Tom was the first to notice she was behind them.

"Morning Mera." Tom said with a friendly smile.

"Morning Mera." Atlanna said with an equally friendly smile.

"Morning." Mera said, waving at the two of them.

"So, what would you like to talk about this time?" Atlanna asked, expectantly. Tom meanwhile got off the couch and went into the kitchen.

Mera stood there in surprise. "I never said anything about talking." She said.

"But it's what u came here for. Isn't it?" Atlanna asked.

Mera sighed after a moment and said, "Maybe."

"Thought so." Atlanna said, smirking. "So what's on your mind now?" She asked.

"Well.....it's about Peter." Mera said.

"Have you told him about your feelings?" She asked.

"Well yes.....and....no." Mera said. Atlanna gave Mera a confused look, so she continued. "I told him that I like him and we are dating right now. But something came up recently that really pushed me over the edge."