Chapter 19

As Spider-Man swung through the city, his mask started beeping. "Oh.....Doc left a message." he said, crawling up a wall.

"Peter! I might have been a bit hasty advising you to get another job. I have a plan. Give me a little time, for we may yet to invent another day!" Octavius said before the line went dead. The message set a grin on the web-swinger's face.

"Awesome! I hope Otto's plan works." he said to himself as he approached the building. "Woah!" he shouted as he clung to his web line.

There were Fisk snipers and guards walking all over the place. He decided to perch up top to get a bird's eye view of the area before taking action. "Wow......who knew that the very place where mush of my recent happiness has come from was also an area of one of my greatest foes. Wonder what they are guarding. Whatever it is, the Demons are probably after it. Gotta find out what it is." Spider-Man said.

The first step was taking out the snipers with stealthy attacks. "That's why all these guys are so angry. They needed a nap." Spider-Man said after he took out all of the snipers. "Now for some fun." he added as he took down one of the ground guards.

"Spider-Man! Kill him now!" another guard said, and multiple guards came running his way.

"Calm down, I've got enough punches for all of you!" Spider-Man said, before delivering punches and kicks and web slams to all of the men, until they were all defeated.

The next thing Spider-Man knew, a police siren was coming from behind him, what a shock, a police car was parking right behind him. This had to be the officer that Yuri mentioned. The officer got out of his car and walked towards the hero.

"You know we can't have vigilantes trespassing or doing illegal searches." he said to Spider-Man.

"Yeah.....I know." Spider-Man said.

"Which is why I brought a warrant." the officer said, pulling the warrant out with a smirk. "So what do you say we do some perfectly legal searching?"

"I like the sound of that." Spider-Man said. "What's your name?" he asked, extending his hand.

"Officer Davis. Call me Jeff." Jeff said. "And you are?" he asked.

"Uh......" Spider-Man said. Of all the questions he'd expect to hear, this question was just about the last one he expected. 'Does he not know who I am?' he asked himself. Then Jeff started laughing.

"Just messing with you." he said with a smile. "My son's a big fan." he added.

"So......did that warrant cover breaking down doors?" Spider-Man asked curiously, noticing the barred door that he never had to worry about before. The thugs for Fisk must have put them up tonight, prepping for the Demons.

"Not without a LOT of extra paperwork." Jeff responded.

"Got it. I'll find another way in." Spider-Man said, jumping onto the building. He knew exactly where he could go to get into the building. He swung around to the back of the building and located the hole in the floor that Mera would always use to come from the sea.

He got inside and walked to the door. "Jeff you there?" He asked. "I'm trying to refrain myself from using knock knock jokes."

"Appreciated." Davis replied. "There should be a junction box by the door. Try electronically shortening it."

"Got it." Spider-Man said, "Time for the electric webs." he said as he shot an electric web at the box. Instantly, the doors opened in response.

"Gadget man huh?" Davis asked, walking in. "You remind me of my son. He started taking apart the TV when he was five. And now he's unlocking his friends' phones."