Chapter 29

Mera was venturing into the kitchen of the shelter while Peter was looking for miles by the front door. Mera suddenly saw May preparing food for the people and walked over to her. "Hello Mrs. Parker." Mera said.

May looked up and smiled at Mera. "Hello Mera. Great to see you again." she said. "I know Peter is certainly glad to see you as well." she added, before turning back to the snacks.

"What are you making?" Mera asked, intrigued with the snacks that were being made.

"Baloney sandwiches." May answered.

Mera took a look at the sandwiches for a moment in curiosity. "These actually look more tasty than the flowers." Mera said to herself.

"What was that?" May asked, turning to Mera again.

"Um, nothing." Mera said, grateful she didn't hear.

"You know......I can tell that Peter really seems to care about you Mera." May said after a minute or two. "What do you think of him?" she asked, stopping in her tracks and turning give Mera her full attention. Mera gulped silently as she thought of her words.

"Well, Peter is very sweet, kind, caring, funny, determined, and he has a very positive attitude." she said off the top of her head. "I can't say that I have met a lot of people like Peter in my life." she added.

"Does he treat you well?" May asked.

"He treats me like a queen." Mera replied. "He's so all around.....amazing."

"I agree on that." May said with a smile. "You seem like a nice girl Mera. I do hope things go well with you and Peter. I haven't seen him this happy since before he and his last girlfriend broke up."

Mera winced at who she was talking about. "Mary Jane." she said.

"Oh, so you've met her?" May asked, surprised.

"Yes, I have." Mera said. 'Unfortunately.' she added in her mind.

"I just wasn't expecting that." May said. Then she shrugged and focused on the sandwiches again. Mera turned and was about to go and find Peter, when May said, "Oh, Peter!"

She turned and sure enough, Peter was entering the kitchen with Miles behind him. Peter sent a waive at Mera, before introducing Miles to May.

"Hello Miles. It's nice to see you." May said happily. "Go ahead and wash your hands and we'll get started."

"Okay." Miles said, as he went to the sink. However, he saw Mera and stopped in his tracks as a look of recognition came onto his face. 'Oh boy.' Mera thought as she pressed a finger to her lips to tell him to be quiet.

Miles seemingly got the message and nodded after a couple of seconds. He then proceeded to wash his hands in the sink. Mera took a huge sigh of relief, before she felt a hand on her shoulder. She glanced to her left and saw Peter leaning in close to her. Mera though he was going in for a kiss and leaned towards him too. But he actually was trying to tell her something.

"Sable should be moving Dr. Michaels right about now. I'm going to the Bowery and locating him." he said. Mera just smiled and kissed his cheek, before leaning towards his ear.

"Well you're about to have some back-up." Mera said. Peter smiled a little at Mera, before he took her hand and they both walked back up to the roof to change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I thought you said we were going to be around the area, not actually right on top of the building." Mera commented as they sat on top of the Bowery. Spider-Man had told Yuri that since Sable has stated he's not welcome around there, he'd be around the area.